Macedonia Ratifies London Agreement
On September 26, 2011, the Macedonian Assembly ratified the London Agreement, formally the Agreement on the application of Article 65 of the Convention on the Grant of European Patents.
The agreement will enter into force on the first day of the fourth month after Macedonia deposits the instrument of accession.
According to the current patent legislation in Macedonia, the translation of European patent claims and drawings into Macedonian is required.
The Agreement was concluded on October 17, 2000 with the aim to decrease translation costs for European patents granted under the European Patent Convention. It is an optional agreement between European Patent Organization member states.
For more information, please contact Zivka Kostovska-Stojkovska at our Macedonia office.
Source: Official Gazette of the Republic of Macedonia No. 132
October 2011 News
- Deadline for Re-Registration of Serbian Trademarks in Montenegro December 16
- Simplified Customs Procedure as of January 1, 2012 in Montenegro
- Amendments to Law on Customs Measures for Protection of IP Rights Enter into Force in Macedonia
- Serbia Adopts Trade Secret Law
- Albania Amends Patent Regulation
- New Trademark Regulation Enters into Force in Montenegro
- Authorities Bust Largest Hungarian Movie Piracy Group
- Polish Wine Producer Loses against Ferrero over Raffaello Trademark
- Macedonia Ratifies London Agreement
- HIPO and USPTO Continue Patent Prosecution Highway
- Change in Individual Fees Under Madrid Protocol for Bulgaria
- Romanian Copyright Office Sets Fees for Broadcasting Ambient Music
- Romanian Customs Seize Adidas, Ferrari, Stihl, Puma, Nike Counterfeits
- Kosovo Customs Destroy Counterfeit Nike Soccer Balls
- Serbian Customs Seize Nike, Air Max Labels
- Macedonian Customs Seize Cassette/CD Players, Winter Jackets, Boots
- 2.5 Million Packages of Counterfeit Medicine Sold in Ukraine in 2010
- Romanian Customs Participate in International Anti-Counterfeiting Operation
- Unlicensed Software Seized in Bulgaria
- Serbia New Chair of WIPO
- EPO President Visits Serbia
- WIPO and Croatia PTO Sign Agreement on Electronic Exchange of Documents
- Croatia and OHIM Agree on Future Cooperation