Deadline for Re-Registration of Serbian Trademarks in Montenegro December 16
The new trademark law that entered into force in Montenegro on December 16, 2010 obligates the owners of trademarks registered before the Serbian Intellectual Property Office to request entrance of their rights into the Montenegrin trademarks register by December 16, 2011.
We would like to remind our clients about this non-extendable deadline. We recommend that our clients check their records for Serbian registrations that they wish to maintain in Montenegro.
The obligatory re-registration affects national trademarks registered before the Serbian IPO prior to May 28, 2008, the opening date of the Montenegrin IPO, unless a renewal or request for recordal of changes or Certificate of Registration had already been filed in Montenegro before December 16, 2010.
For more information, please contact Jasna Jusic Paovic at our Montenegro office.
Source: Montenegrin IPO; PETOŠEVIĆ
October 2011 News
- Deadline for Re-Registration of Serbian Trademarks in Montenegro December 16
- Simplified Customs Procedure as of January 1, 2012 in Montenegro
- Amendments to Law on Customs Measures for Protection of IP Rights Enter into Force in Macedonia
- Serbia Adopts Trade Secret Law
- Albania Amends Patent Regulation
- New Trademark Regulation Enters into Force in Montenegro
- Authorities Bust Largest Hungarian Movie Piracy Group
- Polish Wine Producer Loses against Ferrero over Raffaello Trademark
- Macedonia Ratifies London Agreement
- HIPO and USPTO Continue Patent Prosecution Highway
- Change in Individual Fees Under Madrid Protocol for Bulgaria
- Romanian Copyright Office Sets Fees for Broadcasting Ambient Music
- Romanian Customs Seize Adidas, Ferrari, Stihl, Puma, Nike Counterfeits
- Kosovo Customs Destroy Counterfeit Nike Soccer Balls
- Serbian Customs Seize Nike, Air Max Labels
- Macedonian Customs Seize Cassette/CD Players, Winter Jackets, Boots
- 2.5 Million Packages of Counterfeit Medicine Sold in Ukraine in 2010
- Romanian Customs Participate in International Anti-Counterfeiting Operation
- Unlicensed Software Seized in Bulgaria
- Serbia New Chair of WIPO
- EPO President Visits Serbia
- WIPO and Croatia PTO Sign Agreement on Electronic Exchange of Documents
- Croatia and OHIM Agree on Future Cooperation