Unlicensed Software Seized in Bulgaria
On October 3, 2011, the Bulgarian police officials, in cooperation with the Business Software Alliance (BSA) representatives, seized a computer and two computer systems with unlicensed software during their inspection of R–DM Sole-Proprietor, a company based in the capital of Sofia that sells computer systems with pre-installed business software.
Pre-trial criminal proceedings have been initiated under the Article 172a of the Penal Code of the Republic of Bulgaria and the computer configurations will be considered as evidence.
The BSA, a trade group representing some of the world’s leading software makers, through its cooperation with the public sector aims to reduce unfair trade practice in the information technology sector by preventing the distribution and use of unlicensed computer programs infringing the rights of its member companies.
For more information, please contact Preslav Penev at our Bulgaria office.
October 2011 News
- Deadline for Re-Registration of Serbian Trademarks in Montenegro December 16
- Simplified Customs Procedure as of January 1, 2012 in Montenegro
- Amendments to Law on Customs Measures for Protection of IP Rights Enter into Force in Macedonia
- Serbia Adopts Trade Secret Law
- Albania Amends Patent Regulation
- New Trademark Regulation Enters into Force in Montenegro
- Authorities Bust Largest Hungarian Movie Piracy Group
- Polish Wine Producer Loses against Ferrero over Raffaello Trademark
- Macedonia Ratifies London Agreement
- HIPO and USPTO Continue Patent Prosecution Highway
- Change in Individual Fees Under Madrid Protocol for Bulgaria
- Romanian Copyright Office Sets Fees for Broadcasting Ambient Music
- Romanian Customs Seize Adidas, Ferrari, Stihl, Puma, Nike Counterfeits
- Kosovo Customs Destroy Counterfeit Nike Soccer Balls
- Serbian Customs Seize Nike, Air Max Labels
- Macedonian Customs Seize Cassette/CD Players, Winter Jackets, Boots
- 2.5 Million Packages of Counterfeit Medicine Sold in Ukraine in 2010
- Romanian Customs Participate in International Anti-Counterfeiting Operation
- Unlicensed Software Seized in Bulgaria
- Serbia New Chair of WIPO
- EPO President Visits Serbia
- WIPO and Croatia PTO Sign Agreement on Electronic Exchange of Documents
- Croatia and OHIM Agree on Future Cooperation