EPO President Visits Serbia
On September 21-22, 2011, President of the European Patent Organization (EPO) Benoît Battistelli paid his first official visit to Serbia after the country became the EPO member in October 2010.
Battistelli met with the Serbian Deputy Prime Minister for European Integration Bozidar Djelic and Minister of Education and Science Zarko Obradovic to discuss the role of patents in supporting innovation, the harmonization of Serbia’s intellectual property laws with the EU legislation and the EPO’s cooperation with Serbia.
The EPO is currently implementing a EUR 2.2 million (USD 2.9 million) EU-funded project in Serbia aimed at strengthening IP protection in the country. In January 2010, a center for intellectual property information and education was set up at the Serbian IPO as part of this project.
For more information, please contact Jelena Jankovic at our Balkan Regional Office.
Source: Serbian IPO, EPO
October 2011 News
- Deadline for Re-Registration of Serbian Trademarks in Montenegro December 16
- Simplified Customs Procedure as of January 1, 2012 in Montenegro
- Amendments to Law on Customs Measures for Protection of IP Rights Enter into Force in Macedonia
- Serbia Adopts Trade Secret Law
- Albania Amends Patent Regulation
- New Trademark Regulation Enters into Force in Montenegro
- Authorities Bust Largest Hungarian Movie Piracy Group
- Polish Wine Producer Loses against Ferrero over Raffaello Trademark
- Macedonia Ratifies London Agreement
- HIPO and USPTO Continue Patent Prosecution Highway
- Change in Individual Fees Under Madrid Protocol for Bulgaria
- Romanian Copyright Office Sets Fees for Broadcasting Ambient Music
- Romanian Customs Seize Adidas, Ferrari, Stihl, Puma, Nike Counterfeits
- Kosovo Customs Destroy Counterfeit Nike Soccer Balls
- Serbian Customs Seize Nike, Air Max Labels
- Macedonian Customs Seize Cassette/CD Players, Winter Jackets, Boots
- 2.5 Million Packages of Counterfeit Medicine Sold in Ukraine in 2010
- Romanian Customs Participate in International Anti-Counterfeiting Operation
- Unlicensed Software Seized in Bulgaria
- Serbia New Chair of WIPO
- EPO President Visits Serbia
- WIPO and Croatia PTO Sign Agreement on Electronic Exchange of Documents
- Croatia and OHIM Agree on Future Cooperation