Romanian Copyright Office Sets Fees for Broadcasting Ambient Music
The Romanian Copyright Office (ORDA) has recently issued a decision according to which public catering establishments and commercial entities, such as bars, restaurants, hotels, casinos, supermarkets, museums and airports, are obligated to pay fees for broadcasting music for ambient purposes at their premises. The decision entered into force on October 7, 2011.
The mentioned establishments are obligated to obtain a nonexclusive license from the Union of Composers and Musicologists in Romania – Copyright Association (UCMR — ADA) and pay the royalties provided for in the decision issued by ORDA. For example, five-star hotels have to pay the fee of approximately EUR 1.2 (USD 1.7) per room per month.
The decision was issued by ORDA further to a request formulated by UCMR – ADA.
For more information, please contact Roxana Sarghi at our Romania office.
Source: Romanian legal news portal Infolegal.ro
October 2011 News
- Deadline for Re-Registration of Serbian Trademarks in Montenegro December 16
- Simplified Customs Procedure as of January 1, 2012 in Montenegro
- Amendments to Law on Customs Measures for Protection of IP Rights Enter into Force in Macedonia
- Serbia Adopts Trade Secret Law
- Albania Amends Patent Regulation
- New Trademark Regulation Enters into Force in Montenegro
- Authorities Bust Largest Hungarian Movie Piracy Group
- Polish Wine Producer Loses against Ferrero over Raffaello Trademark
- Macedonia Ratifies London Agreement
- HIPO and USPTO Continue Patent Prosecution Highway
- Change in Individual Fees Under Madrid Protocol for Bulgaria
- Romanian Copyright Office Sets Fees for Broadcasting Ambient Music
- Romanian Customs Seize Adidas, Ferrari, Stihl, Puma, Nike Counterfeits
- Kosovo Customs Destroy Counterfeit Nike Soccer Balls
- Serbian Customs Seize Nike, Air Max Labels
- Macedonian Customs Seize Cassette/CD Players, Winter Jackets, Boots
- 2.5 Million Packages of Counterfeit Medicine Sold in Ukraine in 2010
- Romanian Customs Participate in International Anti-Counterfeiting Operation
- Unlicensed Software Seized in Bulgaria
- Serbia New Chair of WIPO
- EPO President Visits Serbia
- WIPO and Croatia PTO Sign Agreement on Electronic Exchange of Documents
- Croatia and OHIM Agree on Future Cooperation