Romanian Customs Participate in International Anti-Counterfeiting Operation
From September 20-27, 2011, the Romanian customs authorities participated in an international operation Pangea IV, which targeted the online sale of counterfeit and otherwise illegal medicine.
The operation was coordinated by the International Criminal Police Organization (INTERPOL), in cooperation with the International Medical Products Anti-Counterfeiting Taskforce (IMPACT) and the World Customs Organization (WCO).
The authorities from 81 countries took part in the operation, the aim of which was to disrupt the online criminal networks and activities connected with the sale of illegal medicine and to raise public awareness about the health risks involved in purchasing medicine online.
During the operation, 55 people were arrested, 13,495 websites closed, 45,419 medicine packages inspected, 7,901 packages confiscated, 2,422,636 drugs seized, including 304 tablets by the Romanian customs officials.
For more information, please contact Marius Ciobanasu at our Romania office.
Source: Romanian Customs
October 2011 News
- Deadline for Re-Registration of Serbian Trademarks in Montenegro December 16
- Simplified Customs Procedure as of January 1, 2012 in Montenegro
- Amendments to Law on Customs Measures for Protection of IP Rights Enter into Force in Macedonia
- Serbia Adopts Trade Secret Law
- Albania Amends Patent Regulation
- New Trademark Regulation Enters into Force in Montenegro
- Authorities Bust Largest Hungarian Movie Piracy Group
- Polish Wine Producer Loses against Ferrero over Raffaello Trademark
- Macedonia Ratifies London Agreement
- HIPO and USPTO Continue Patent Prosecution Highway
- Change in Individual Fees Under Madrid Protocol for Bulgaria
- Romanian Copyright Office Sets Fees for Broadcasting Ambient Music
- Romanian Customs Seize Adidas, Ferrari, Stihl, Puma, Nike Counterfeits
- Kosovo Customs Destroy Counterfeit Nike Soccer Balls
- Serbian Customs Seize Nike, Air Max Labels
- Macedonian Customs Seize Cassette/CD Players, Winter Jackets, Boots
- 2.5 Million Packages of Counterfeit Medicine Sold in Ukraine in 2010
- Romanian Customs Participate in International Anti-Counterfeiting Operation
- Unlicensed Software Seized in Bulgaria
- Serbia New Chair of WIPO
- EPO President Visits Serbia
- WIPO and Croatia PTO Sign Agreement on Electronic Exchange of Documents
- Croatia and OHIM Agree on Future Cooperation