Croatia and OHIM Agree on Future Cooperation
On September 27, 2011, in Geneva, Switzerland, the head of the Croatian IPO Željko Topić and the president of the Office for Harmonization in the Internal Market (OHIM) Antonio Campinos signed an agreement identifying areas for future cooperation between the Croatian IPO and OHIM.
OHIM agreed to further assist Croatia in its EU accession process and in harmonizing registration procedures between the two offices in order to develop a comprehensive European trademarks and designs network.
The agreement will be in effect until Croatia joins the EU, after which the OHIM will continue cooperation on the basis of developed cooperation mechanisms between the OHIM and the EU member states.
For more information, please contact Dalibor Radovic at our Croatia office.
Source: Croatian IPO, OHIM
October 2011 News
- Deadline for Re-Registration of Serbian Trademarks in Montenegro December 16
- Simplified Customs Procedure as of January 1, 2012 in Montenegro
- Amendments to Law on Customs Measures for Protection of IP Rights Enter into Force in Macedonia
- Serbia Adopts Trade Secret Law
- Albania Amends Patent Regulation
- New Trademark Regulation Enters into Force in Montenegro
- Authorities Bust Largest Hungarian Movie Piracy Group
- Polish Wine Producer Loses against Ferrero over Raffaello Trademark
- Macedonia Ratifies London Agreement
- HIPO and USPTO Continue Patent Prosecution Highway
- Change in Individual Fees Under Madrid Protocol for Bulgaria
- Romanian Copyright Office Sets Fees for Broadcasting Ambient Music
- Romanian Customs Seize Adidas, Ferrari, Stihl, Puma, Nike Counterfeits
- Kosovo Customs Destroy Counterfeit Nike Soccer Balls
- Serbian Customs Seize Nike, Air Max Labels
- Macedonian Customs Seize Cassette/CD Players, Winter Jackets, Boots
- 2.5 Million Packages of Counterfeit Medicine Sold in Ukraine in 2010
- Romanian Customs Participate in International Anti-Counterfeiting Operation
- Unlicensed Software Seized in Bulgaria
- Serbia New Chair of WIPO
- EPO President Visits Serbia
- WIPO and Croatia PTO Sign Agreement on Electronic Exchange of Documents
- Croatia and OHIM Agree on Future Cooperation