WIPO and Croatia PTO Sign Agreement on Electronic Exchange of Documents
On October 5, 2011, the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) and the Croatian State Intellectual Property Office (CSIPO) signed an agreement on the electronic exchange of trademark-related documents under the Madrid System.
The agreement aims to establish an electronic exchange system related to the international registration of marks, which would replace the current exchange of paper documents.
The WIPO-administered Madrid System for the international registration of marks is applicable among more than 80 countries party to the Madrid Agreement or the Madrid Protocol. The Madrid Agreement and Madrid Protocol are parallel but independent treaties, with different but overlapping membership.
For more information, please contact Dalibor Radovic at our Croatia office.
October 2011 News
- Deadline for Re-Registration of Serbian Trademarks in Montenegro December 16
- Simplified Customs Procedure as of January 1, 2012 in Montenegro
- Amendments to Law on Customs Measures for Protection of IP Rights Enter into Force in Macedonia
- Serbia Adopts Trade Secret Law
- Albania Amends Patent Regulation
- New Trademark Regulation Enters into Force in Montenegro
- Authorities Bust Largest Hungarian Movie Piracy Group
- Polish Wine Producer Loses against Ferrero over Raffaello Trademark
- Macedonia Ratifies London Agreement
- HIPO and USPTO Continue Patent Prosecution Highway
- Change in Individual Fees Under Madrid Protocol for Bulgaria
- Romanian Copyright Office Sets Fees for Broadcasting Ambient Music
- Romanian Customs Seize Adidas, Ferrari, Stihl, Puma, Nike Counterfeits
- Kosovo Customs Destroy Counterfeit Nike Soccer Balls
- Serbian Customs Seize Nike, Air Max Labels
- Macedonian Customs Seize Cassette/CD Players, Winter Jackets, Boots
- 2.5 Million Packages of Counterfeit Medicine Sold in Ukraine in 2010
- Romanian Customs Participate in International Anti-Counterfeiting Operation
- Unlicensed Software Seized in Bulgaria
- Serbia New Chair of WIPO
- EPO President Visits Serbia
- WIPO and Croatia PTO Sign Agreement on Electronic Exchange of Documents
- Croatia and OHIM Agree on Future Cooperation