Macedonia Gets WCO Regional Training Center
The World Customs Organization (WCO) opened a regional training center in Skopje, Macedonia, during the official visit of Kunio Mikuriya, organization’s secretary general, on September 28 and 29, 2009.
Within the framework of the visit, a memorandum of cooperation was signed between the WCO, Macedonia’s Customs Administration and the Faculty of Economics at the Ss. Cyril and Methodius University, within whose premises the regional center will function.
During the visit to the Customs Administration, Mikuriya emphasized the country’s progress achieved in the modernization of the customs operations, as well as in the field of intellectual property rights protection.
WCO’s regional training centers represent the effort of the WCO to strengthen the capacities of the customs services around the world. During the meeting with Mikuriya, Macedonian Prime Minister Nikola Gruevski highlighted all projects dedicated to customs reforms, its improvement and the acquisition of the state-of-the-art equipment.
For more information, please contact Aleksandra Noveska in our Macedonia office.
October 2009 News
- Moscow Police Seize 200,000 Pirated DVDs
- Albanian PTO Announces New Official Fees
- Russian Patent Legal Status Data Available in INPADOC Database
- Kosovo Working on New Customs Regulations for Protection of IP Rights
- Update on Kosovo Issuing IP Certificates
- Montenegro PTO Starts Substantive Examination of Trademark Applications
- Deadline Extended for Montenegro Domain .ME to Replace CG.YU
- Romanian Customs Seize 7,000 Counterfeit FIFA Soccer Balls
- Macedonian Customs Seize Calvin Klein, Dolce & Gabbana, Armani and Nike Counterfeits
- Bulgarian Company Fined for Unfair Competition
- Bulgarian PTO Joins EuroClass Project
- Macedonia Gets WCO Regional Training Center
- Internet Piracy Biggest IP Violation in Macedonia
- Kyrgyzstan Selected Regional Coordinator of WIPO
- Macedonian PTO Approves New Official Fees
- Seminar on the Role of Trademarks and Geographical Indications in Prague
- Macedonia to Host WCO European Heads of Customs Conference
- Budapest to Host Regional Conference on Coexistence of Community and National Trademark Systems