Update on Kosovo Issuing IP Certificates
We reported last month that Kosovo’s Intellectual Property Office held an official ceremony to mark the issuance of its first certificates for intellectual property rights.
The certificates issued are certificates of registrations confirming revalidations in Kosovo of the registered IP rights in the former Yugoslavia.
It is unlikely that the IPO will be able to issue a large number of these certificates any time soon since the office employs only a few people.
The issuance may also be problematic because the certificates only show basic data of the rights revalidated in Kosovo, but no details such as the lists of goods.
Kosovo’s IPO has not yet issued any registration certificates for new trademarks, patents or designs.
The basic trademark database should be completed soon and the searches possibly enabled in early 2010.
For more information, please contact Slobodan Petosevic in our Brussels Office.
October 2009 News
- Moscow Police Seize 200,000 Pirated DVDs
- Albanian PTO Announces New Official Fees
- Russian Patent Legal Status Data Available in INPADOC Database
- Kosovo Working on New Customs Regulations for Protection of IP Rights
- Update on Kosovo Issuing IP Certificates
- Montenegro PTO Starts Substantive Examination of Trademark Applications
- Deadline Extended for Montenegro Domain .ME to Replace CG.YU
- Romanian Customs Seize 7,000 Counterfeit FIFA Soccer Balls
- Macedonian Customs Seize Calvin Klein, Dolce & Gabbana, Armani and Nike Counterfeits
- Bulgarian Company Fined for Unfair Competition
- Bulgarian PTO Joins EuroClass Project
- Macedonia Gets WCO Regional Training Center
- Internet Piracy Biggest IP Violation in Macedonia
- Kyrgyzstan Selected Regional Coordinator of WIPO
- Macedonian PTO Approves New Official Fees
- Seminar on the Role of Trademarks and Geographical Indications in Prague
- Macedonia to Host WCO European Heads of Customs Conference
- Budapest to Host Regional Conference on Coexistence of Community and National Trademark Systems