Seminar on the Role of Trademarks and Geographical Indications in Prague
On 26 and 27 November 2009 in Prague, the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), in cooperation with the Industrial Property Office of the Czech Republic (IPO CZ), will organize an inter-regional seminar on the role of trademarks and geographical indications in creating and developing a nation brand.
To register for the seminar, please send an email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
According to the IPO CZ, the conference will address the topics such as:
- WIPO Tools for Countries in Transition
- Branding Strategies at the National, Regional and International Levels
- Use and Protection of Trademarks and Geographical Indications in Countries in Transition
- Well-known Trademarks and Geographical Indications used for Nation Branding in the Czech Republic
- Experience, Good Practices and Examples of Successful Nation Branding
- Development and Strengthening of a Nation Brand in Countries in Transition
The seminar is organized in English, Czech and Russian languages interpreted simultaneously.
For more information, please contact Jelena Jankovic in our Balkan Regional Office.
October 2009 News
- Moscow Police Seize 200,000 Pirated DVDs
- Albanian PTO Announces New Official Fees
- Russian Patent Legal Status Data Available in INPADOC Database
- Kosovo Working on New Customs Regulations for Protection of IP Rights
- Update on Kosovo Issuing IP Certificates
- Montenegro PTO Starts Substantive Examination of Trademark Applications
- Deadline Extended for Montenegro Domain .ME to Replace CG.YU
- Romanian Customs Seize 7,000 Counterfeit FIFA Soccer Balls
- Macedonian Customs Seize Calvin Klein, Dolce & Gabbana, Armani and Nike Counterfeits
- Bulgarian Company Fined for Unfair Competition
- Bulgarian PTO Joins EuroClass Project
- Macedonia Gets WCO Regional Training Center
- Internet Piracy Biggest IP Violation in Macedonia
- Kyrgyzstan Selected Regional Coordinator of WIPO
- Macedonian PTO Approves New Official Fees
- Seminar on the Role of Trademarks and Geographical Indications in Prague
- Macedonia to Host WCO European Heads of Customs Conference
- Budapest to Host Regional Conference on Coexistence of Community and National Trademark Systems