Bulgarian PTO Joins EuroClass Project
The fifth stage of the EuroClass project, aimed at creating a harmonized EU system in the field of classification of trademarks, has been accomplished successfully by integrating the Bulgarian Patent Office (BPO) in the project.
Currently, thirteen European national offices are integrated and the system functions in twenty-two languages. The member countries, other than Bulgaria, include Spain, Sweden, UK, Portugal, the Czech Republic, Finland, Germany, Poland, the Slovak Republic, Italy, and the Benelux countries (Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg).
The EuroClass is a joint project between the Office of Harmonization for the Internal Market (OHIM) and the national offices of member states. The goal is to provide a common online classification tool where national offices can publish their official and approved lists of goods and services. The EuroClass also helps facilitate the transition to electronic filing.
For more information, please contact Milena Bogoslovova in our Bulgaria Office.
Read more news on Bulgaria or . Get our latest IP news or browse IP News Eastern Europe Archives.
October 2009 News
- Moscow Police Seize 200,000 Pirated DVDs
- Albanian PTO Announces New Official Fees
- Russian Patent Legal Status Data Available in INPADOC Database
- Kosovo Working on New Customs Regulations for Protection of IP Rights
- Update on Kosovo Issuing IP Certificates
- Montenegro PTO Starts Substantive Examination of Trademark Applications
- Deadline Extended for Montenegro Domain .ME to Replace CG.YU
- Romanian Customs Seize 7,000 Counterfeit FIFA Soccer Balls
- Macedonian Customs Seize Calvin Klein, Dolce & Gabbana, Armani and Nike Counterfeits
- Bulgarian Company Fined for Unfair Competition
- Bulgarian PTO Joins EuroClass Project
- Macedonia Gets WCO Regional Training Center
- Internet Piracy Biggest IP Violation in Macedonia
- Kyrgyzstan Selected Regional Coordinator of WIPO
- Macedonian PTO Approves New Official Fees
- Seminar on the Role of Trademarks and Geographical Indications in Prague
- Macedonia to Host WCO European Heads of Customs Conference
- Budapest to Host Regional Conference on Coexistence of Community and National Trademark Systems