Deadline Extended for Montenegro Domain .ME to Replace CG.YU
The period of transition from the current CG.YU domain to the new .ME domain has been extended from September 30, 2009 to March 30, 2010, based on the decision of the International Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN).
In addition, Montenegrin domain registration company DoMEn has informed all CG.YU website owners that Google has agreed to fast index the new .ME websites.
If the current CG.YU domain users do not change their e-mails and web-servers into .ME before the deadline of March 30, 2010, they will not be able to access their accounts or recover information.
The extension CG.YU, assigned to the former Republic of Yugoslavia, has been replaced by .RS (for Serbia) and .ME (for Montenegro), after the split of the Union of Serbia and Montenegro in June 2006.
For more information, please contact Jelena Radevic in our Montenegro office.
October 2009 News
- Moscow Police Seize 200,000 Pirated DVDs
- Albanian PTO Announces New Official Fees
- Russian Patent Legal Status Data Available in INPADOC Database
- Kosovo Working on New Customs Regulations for Protection of IP Rights
- Update on Kosovo Issuing IP Certificates
- Montenegro PTO Starts Substantive Examination of Trademark Applications
- Deadline Extended for Montenegro Domain .ME to Replace CG.YU
- Romanian Customs Seize 7,000 Counterfeit FIFA Soccer Balls
- Macedonian Customs Seize Calvin Klein, Dolce & Gabbana, Armani and Nike Counterfeits
- Bulgarian Company Fined for Unfair Competition
- Bulgarian PTO Joins EuroClass Project
- Macedonia Gets WCO Regional Training Center
- Internet Piracy Biggest IP Violation in Macedonia
- Kyrgyzstan Selected Regional Coordinator of WIPO
- Macedonian PTO Approves New Official Fees
- Seminar on the Role of Trademarks and Geographical Indications in Prague
- Macedonia to Host WCO European Heads of Customs Conference
- Budapest to Host Regional Conference on Coexistence of Community and National Trademark Systems