Bulgarian Company Fined for Unfair Competition
The Bulgarian Unfair Competition Commission has fined a steel rope manufacturer with EUR 12,986 (USD 19,345) for infringing the rights of its competitor.
The defendant, Tros Mar Ltd., and the plaintiff, Demax Trade Ltd., both based in the city of Burgas in southeastern Bulgaria, are competitors in the market of manufacturing and distributing steel and synthetic ropes, stainless steel wire rope systems and freight machinery used in construction and shipbuilding industries.
The plaintiff claims that the defendant has copied the items from its catalog by creating its own by using the same colors and geometrical lines to indicate the specific product parameters. The defendant did not deny scanning pictures from catalogs of various companies, including the catalog belonging to the plaintiff.
According to the Commission, there is a substantial similarity between the two catalogues to fine the defendant for unfair competition.
For more information, please contact Milena Bogoslovova in our Bulgaria Office.
October 2009 News
- Moscow Police Seize 200,000 Pirated DVDs
- Albanian PTO Announces New Official Fees
- Russian Patent Legal Status Data Available in INPADOC Database
- Kosovo Working on New Customs Regulations for Protection of IP Rights
- Update on Kosovo Issuing IP Certificates
- Montenegro PTO Starts Substantive Examination of Trademark Applications
- Deadline Extended for Montenegro Domain .ME to Replace CG.YU
- Romanian Customs Seize 7,000 Counterfeit FIFA Soccer Balls
- Macedonian Customs Seize Calvin Klein, Dolce & Gabbana, Armani and Nike Counterfeits
- Bulgarian Company Fined for Unfair Competition
- Bulgarian PTO Joins EuroClass Project
- Macedonia Gets WCO Regional Training Center
- Internet Piracy Biggest IP Violation in Macedonia
- Kyrgyzstan Selected Regional Coordinator of WIPO
- Macedonian PTO Approves New Official Fees
- Seminar on the Role of Trademarks and Geographical Indications in Prague
- Macedonia to Host WCO European Heads of Customs Conference
- Budapest to Host Regional Conference on Coexistence of Community and National Trademark Systems