Serbian Customs Administration Receives WCO Prize
Last month the Serbian Customs Administration received the World Customs Organization (WCO) Yolanda Benitez prize for significant results achieved in the fight against counterfeiting and piracy.
At the WCO Council meeting in Brussels on June 29-30, the Serbian Customs Administration was recognized as the first in the West Balkans to use the WCO’s tool called Interface Public-Members (IPM), consisting of an online database, which enables the rights holders to provide the customs officials with real-time data on their products and tips on how to recognize counterfeits.
The WCO’s annual Yolanda Benitez prize is awarded in memory of the Paraguayan customs official killed while trying to prevent the smuggling of several containers carrying CD-ROMs.
Prepared by: Jelena Jankovic
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: Serbian Customs
July 2012 News
- Albanian PTO Rules in Favor of Serbian Chips Producer in Trademark Opposition Case against Macedonian Competitor
- Romanian PTO Decision on Go Fast Sports & Beverage Company’s Opposition Could Set Precedent
- Bulgaria Court Rules against German Retailer Lidl in Trademark Cancellation Procedure
- Czech and US ‘Budweiser’ Marks Can Coexist on UK Market
- Heineken Launches Legal Proceedings to Prevent Competitors From Using Term ‘Radler’
- Diageo Wins Parallel Import Battle in Russia
- Croatian and Hungarian PTOs Join EuroClass Project
- Hungarian Trademarks Added to TMview
- Bulgarian Company Cannot Register Design Similar to Bic Lighter 3D Trademark
- Two Copyright Collectives Receive Licenses in Kosovo
- Hungary Signs New Treaty on Audiovisual Performances
- Moldova and EU Sign Agreement on Protection of Geographical Indications
- Russian Police Arrest Cancer Drug Counterfeiters
- Russian Police Seize 30,000 Bottles of Counterfeit Vodka
- Ukraine Ratifies MEDICRIME Convention
- Ukrainian Customs Seize 67,500 Counterfeit Eaux de Toilette
- Romanian Customs Seize Fake Adidas, Versace, BMW, Jaguar Goods
- Macedonian Customs Seize Counterfeit Apparel, Footwear
- Albanian Customs Seize Louis Vuitton, Levi’s, Chanel, Hugo Boss, Nike Counterfeits
- Serbian Customs Administration Receives WCO Prize