Two Copyright Collectives Receive Licenses in Kosovo
On July 12, the Copyright and Related Rights Office, operating under the Ministry of Culture, Youth and Sports in Pristina, Kosovo, gave licenses to the first two copyright collectives established in Kosovo.
The two collectives are the Association of Authors, Producers and Interpreters (APIK), responsible for the collective management of musical works, and the Audio Visual Association of Performers and Interpreters (VAPIK), responsible for the collective management of audiovisual works.
Memli Krasniqi, minister of culture, youth and sports, under whom the copyright office operates, handed the licenses to the representatives of the two associations, Florent Boshnjaku from APIK and Blerim Gjoci from VAPIK.
The new Law on Copyright and Related Rights entered into force in Kosovo in December 2011 and now the copyright office has taken an important step to ensure proper implementation of this law.
Prepared by: Jelena Jankovic
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: Ministry of Culture, Youth and Sports
July 2012 News
- Albanian PTO Rules in Favor of Serbian Chips Producer in Trademark Opposition Case against Macedonian Competitor
- Romanian PTO Decision on Go Fast Sports & Beverage Company’s Opposition Could Set Precedent
- Bulgaria Court Rules against German Retailer Lidl in Trademark Cancellation Procedure
- Czech and US ‘Budweiser’ Marks Can Coexist on UK Market
- Heineken Launches Legal Proceedings to Prevent Competitors From Using Term ‘Radler’
- Diageo Wins Parallel Import Battle in Russia
- Croatian and Hungarian PTOs Join EuroClass Project
- Hungarian Trademarks Added to TMview
- Bulgarian Company Cannot Register Design Similar to Bic Lighter 3D Trademark
- Two Copyright Collectives Receive Licenses in Kosovo
- Hungary Signs New Treaty on Audiovisual Performances
- Moldova and EU Sign Agreement on Protection of Geographical Indications
- Russian Police Arrest Cancer Drug Counterfeiters
- Russian Police Seize 30,000 Bottles of Counterfeit Vodka
- Ukraine Ratifies MEDICRIME Convention
- Ukrainian Customs Seize 67,500 Counterfeit Eaux de Toilette
- Romanian Customs Seize Fake Adidas, Versace, BMW, Jaguar Goods
- Macedonian Customs Seize Counterfeit Apparel, Footwear
- Albanian Customs Seize Louis Vuitton, Levi’s, Chanel, Hugo Boss, Nike Counterfeits
- Serbian Customs Administration Receives WCO Prize