Ukraine Ratifies MEDICRIME Convention
On June 7, 2012, Ukraine ratified the Council of Europe Convention on the counterfeiting of medical products and similar crimes involving threats to public health (MEDICRIME convention).
MEDICRIME Convention, signed in Moscow on October 28, 2011, is the first international treaty that obligates signatory states to hold the manufacturers and distributors of counterfeit medical products criminally responsible for their acts.
The Convention also aims to protect the rights of victims of the offences established under this Convention and promote national and international co-operation in the fight against fake drugs.
The Convention has not entered into force yet. It will enter into force once ratified by five countries including at least three Council of Europe members.
Prepared by: Maya Kryvoshei
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: Ukraine’s State Administration on Medicinal Products
July 2012 News
- Albanian PTO Rules in Favor of Serbian Chips Producer in Trademark Opposition Case against Macedonian Competitor
- Romanian PTO Decision on Go Fast Sports & Beverage Company’s Opposition Could Set Precedent
- Bulgaria Court Rules against German Retailer Lidl in Trademark Cancellation Procedure
- Czech and US ‘Budweiser’ Marks Can Coexist on UK Market
- Heineken Launches Legal Proceedings to Prevent Competitors From Using Term ‘Radler’
- Diageo Wins Parallel Import Battle in Russia
- Croatian and Hungarian PTOs Join EuroClass Project
- Hungarian Trademarks Added to TMview
- Bulgarian Company Cannot Register Design Similar to Bic Lighter 3D Trademark
- Two Copyright Collectives Receive Licenses in Kosovo
- Hungary Signs New Treaty on Audiovisual Performances
- Moldova and EU Sign Agreement on Protection of Geographical Indications
- Russian Police Arrest Cancer Drug Counterfeiters
- Russian Police Seize 30,000 Bottles of Counterfeit Vodka
- Ukraine Ratifies MEDICRIME Convention
- Ukrainian Customs Seize 67,500 Counterfeit Eaux de Toilette
- Romanian Customs Seize Fake Adidas, Versace, BMW, Jaguar Goods
- Macedonian Customs Seize Counterfeit Apparel, Footwear
- Albanian Customs Seize Louis Vuitton, Levi’s, Chanel, Hugo Boss, Nike Counterfeits
- Serbian Customs Administration Receives WCO Prize