Ukrainian Customs Seize 67,500 Counterfeit Eaux de Toilette
Last month the Ukrainian customs officials at the port of Illichivsk, southwestern Ukraine, seized 67,500 eaux de toilette bottles and 2,000 roll-on deodorants believed to be counterfeit, worth approximately EUR 1.85 million (USD 2.25 million).
The fake products were discovered in a container arriving from Turkey and were intended for the Ukrainian market.
The goods carried the labels of many well-known brands, including Antonio Banderas, Armand Basi, Armani, Cacharel, Calvin Klein, Carolina Herrera, Chanel, Christina Aguilera, Davidoff, Dior, Dolce & Gabbana, Escada, Giorgio Armani, Givenchy, Gucci, Hermes, Hugo Boss, Kenzo, Lacoste, Lancome, Masaki, Miss Dior, Moschino, Naomi Campbell, Nina Ricci, Paco Rabanne, Prada, Trussardi, Valentino, Versace and Yves Saint Laurent.
According to the customs officials, legal proceedings have been initiated against the infringers.
Prepared by: Maya Kryvoshei
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Source: Ukrainian Customs
July 2012 News
- Albanian PTO Rules in Favor of Serbian Chips Producer in Trademark Opposition Case against Macedonian Competitor
- Romanian PTO Decision on Go Fast Sports & Beverage Company’s Opposition Could Set Precedent
- Bulgaria Court Rules against German Retailer Lidl in Trademark Cancellation Procedure
- Czech and US ‘Budweiser’ Marks Can Coexist on UK Market
- Heineken Launches Legal Proceedings to Prevent Competitors From Using Term ‘Radler’
- Diageo Wins Parallel Import Battle in Russia
- Croatian and Hungarian PTOs Join EuroClass Project
- Hungarian Trademarks Added to TMview
- Bulgarian Company Cannot Register Design Similar to Bic Lighter 3D Trademark
- Two Copyright Collectives Receive Licenses in Kosovo
- Hungary Signs New Treaty on Audiovisual Performances
- Moldova and EU Sign Agreement on Protection of Geographical Indications
- Russian Police Arrest Cancer Drug Counterfeiters
- Russian Police Seize 30,000 Bottles of Counterfeit Vodka
- Ukraine Ratifies MEDICRIME Convention
- Ukrainian Customs Seize 67,500 Counterfeit Eaux de Toilette
- Romanian Customs Seize Fake Adidas, Versace, BMW, Jaguar Goods
- Macedonian Customs Seize Counterfeit Apparel, Footwear
- Albanian Customs Seize Louis Vuitton, Levi’s, Chanel, Hugo Boss, Nike Counterfeits
- Serbian Customs Administration Receives WCO Prize