Heineken Launches Legal Proceedings to Prevent Competitors From Using Term ‘Radler’
Heineken has launched legal proceedings against a number of Czech breweries, demanding that they stop using the term ‘Radler’ on their products.
Heineken is arguing that ‘Radler’, a term used to describe a beer mixed with lemonade, is a trademark registered by Heineken Ceska Republika, while its Czech competitors are asserting that ‘Radler’ is a generic term and cannot be legally protected.
Beverage news portal just-drinks.com notes that Heineken is treating this case as a test case, after which it will decide whether to take similar legal actions in other European countries.
Prepared by: Aleksandra Pavlovic
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: Beverage news portal just-drinks.com
July 2012 News
- Albanian PTO Rules in Favor of Serbian Chips Producer in Trademark Opposition Case against Macedonian Competitor
- Romanian PTO Decision on Go Fast Sports & Beverage Company’s Opposition Could Set Precedent
- Bulgaria Court Rules against German Retailer Lidl in Trademark Cancellation Procedure
- Czech and US ‘Budweiser’ Marks Can Coexist on UK Market
- Heineken Launches Legal Proceedings to Prevent Competitors From Using Term ‘Radler’
- Diageo Wins Parallel Import Battle in Russia
- Croatian and Hungarian PTOs Join EuroClass Project
- Hungarian Trademarks Added to TMview
- Bulgarian Company Cannot Register Design Similar to Bic Lighter 3D Trademark
- Two Copyright Collectives Receive Licenses in Kosovo
- Hungary Signs New Treaty on Audiovisual Performances
- Moldova and EU Sign Agreement on Protection of Geographical Indications
- Russian Police Arrest Cancer Drug Counterfeiters
- Russian Police Seize 30,000 Bottles of Counterfeit Vodka
- Ukraine Ratifies MEDICRIME Convention
- Ukrainian Customs Seize 67,500 Counterfeit Eaux de Toilette
- Romanian Customs Seize Fake Adidas, Versace, BMW, Jaguar Goods
- Macedonian Customs Seize Counterfeit Apparel, Footwear
- Albanian Customs Seize Louis Vuitton, Levi’s, Chanel, Hugo Boss, Nike Counterfeits
- Serbian Customs Administration Receives WCO Prize