Moldova and EU Sign Agreement on Protection of Geographical Indications
On June 26, the Republic of Moldova and the European Union (EU) signed an agreement on the mutual protection of geographical indications (GIs) for agricultural products and foodstuffs.
According to the agreement, signed in Brussels, Belgium, Moldova will have to recognize more than 3,200 GIs for food products, wines and spirits that are already protected in the EU. In return, the agreement will ensure recognition of Moldovan GIs on the EU market.
The agreement aims to promote the trade of high-quality products between the two signatories and encourage the development of the GI system in Moldova.
Prepared by: Masa Lopicic
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Source: Moldovan State Agency for Intellectual Property (AGEPI); Europolitics news portal
July 2012 News
- Albanian PTO Rules in Favor of Serbian Chips Producer in Trademark Opposition Case against Macedonian Competitor
- Romanian PTO Decision on Go Fast Sports & Beverage Company’s Opposition Could Set Precedent
- Bulgaria Court Rules against German Retailer Lidl in Trademark Cancellation Procedure
- Czech and US ‘Budweiser’ Marks Can Coexist on UK Market
- Heineken Launches Legal Proceedings to Prevent Competitors From Using Term ‘Radler’
- Diageo Wins Parallel Import Battle in Russia
- Croatian and Hungarian PTOs Join EuroClass Project
- Hungarian Trademarks Added to TMview
- Bulgarian Company Cannot Register Design Similar to Bic Lighter 3D Trademark
- Two Copyright Collectives Receive Licenses in Kosovo
- Hungary Signs New Treaty on Audiovisual Performances
- Moldova and EU Sign Agreement on Protection of Geographical Indications
- Russian Police Arrest Cancer Drug Counterfeiters
- Russian Police Seize 30,000 Bottles of Counterfeit Vodka
- Ukraine Ratifies MEDICRIME Convention
- Ukrainian Customs Seize 67,500 Counterfeit Eaux de Toilette
- Romanian Customs Seize Fake Adidas, Versace, BMW, Jaguar Goods
- Macedonian Customs Seize Counterfeit Apparel, Footwear
- Albanian Customs Seize Louis Vuitton, Levi’s, Chanel, Hugo Boss, Nike Counterfeits
- Serbian Customs Administration Receives WCO Prize