Polish Court Decides to Extradite KickassTorrents Owner to US
A Polish court recently decided to extradite Artem Vaulin, Ukrainian citizen and owner of KickassTorrents, to the US.
KickassTorrents was one of the world’s largest torrent websites that distributed millions of pirated video and audio files, computer games and other materials.
Vaulin was arrested in Poland in 2016. The US government insisted on his extradition since his arrest as it accuses him of copyright infringement worth over USD 1 billion (EUR 927 million), and since one of the servers Vaulin used was located in Chicago.
Prepared by: Olga Goncharova and Dina Petošević
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: Ukrainian news website RIA Novosti
Read more news on Ukraine, Poland or . Get our latest IP news or browse IP News Eastern Europe Archives.
April 2017 News
- Eurasian Economic Union Moves Forward with Customs Code, Eurasian Trademark
- Russia Amending Law on Information to Accelerate Proceedings Against Mirror Websites
- Slovenia Passes Law Introducing Plain Tobacco Packaging from 2020
- Russia Ratifies Geneva Act of Hague Agreement on Industrial Designs
- Romanian PTO Starts Publishing National Design and Utility Model Applications
- Romanian Domain Registry Postpones Implementation of Maintenance Fee for .Ro Domain Names
- Bulgarian PTO Publishes Draft Ordinance on Industrial Property Representatives
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 131,000 Worth of Fake Toys
- Ukrainian Customs Seize EUR 124,000 Worth of Fake Textile Products
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Fake Apparel, Sneakers, Perfume
- Hungarian Officials Seize Fake Perfume
- Fake Clothes, Sneakers and Accessories Destroyed in Montenegro
- Albania Amends Industrial Property Law
- Latvian PTO Signs New Cooperation Plan with EPO
- Poland Joins Federated European Patent Register
- Ukrainian Cyber Police Shut Down Movie Streaming Websites
- Polish Court Decides to Extradite KickassTorrents Owner to US
- Slovenia Loses EUR 5 Million Yearly Due to Counterfeit Pesticides
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Fake Chewing Gum, Sneakers, Apparel
- Serbian Customs Seize Fake Apparel, Footwear