Serbian Customs Seize Fake Apparel, Footwear
Serbian customs officials recently seized a considerable amount of counterfeit apparel and footwear after inspecting mail trucks, on five different occasions, on the same section of the E-761 highway, between Raška and Kraljevo in south-central Serbia.
On March 16, 2017, while inspecting two postal vehicles transporting parcels, one near the town of Progorelica and the other near the town of Bogutovac, both on the E-761 highway, the officials seized over 6,000 pairs of socks, 930 sweatpants, 755 tracksuits, around 500 T-shirts, 250 pairs of jeans and 13 pairs of sneakers and shoes. The goods are believed to infringe the Adidas®, Nike®, Tommy Hilfiger®, Dsquared®, Emporio Armani®, Levi’s®, Diesel®, Hummel® and Valentino Garavani® trademarks.
On March 20, 2017, while inspecting an express delivery vehicle on the same highway section, customs officials seized nearly 14,000 pairs of socks, almost 1,000 T-shirts, over 500 sweatpants, 270 pairs of jeans, 30 leggings and 36 pairs of sneakers. The goods are believed to infringe the Adidas®, Nike®, Puma®, Tommy Hilfiger®, Philipp Plein®, Polo® and Hummel® trademarks.
On the same day, while inspecting two mail trucks, the officials seized 3,000 pairs of socks, 760 sweatpants, around 50 pairs of sneakers and a smaller number of jeans, shorts and T-shirts, believed to infringe several trademarks, including Adidas®, Lacoste®, Nike®, Puma®, Hummel® and Tommy Hilfiger®.
Prepared by: Djurdja Krivokapić
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Source: Serbian Customs website
April 2017 News
- Eurasian Economic Union Moves Forward with Customs Code, Eurasian Trademark
- Russia Amending Law on Information to Accelerate Proceedings Against Mirror Websites
- Slovenia Passes Law Introducing Plain Tobacco Packaging from 2020
- Russia Ratifies Geneva Act of Hague Agreement on Industrial Designs
- Romanian PTO Starts Publishing National Design and Utility Model Applications
- Romanian Domain Registry Postpones Implementation of Maintenance Fee for .Ro Domain Names
- Bulgarian PTO Publishes Draft Ordinance on Industrial Property Representatives
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 131,000 Worth of Fake Toys
- Ukrainian Customs Seize EUR 124,000 Worth of Fake Textile Products
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Fake Apparel, Sneakers, Perfume
- Hungarian Officials Seize Fake Perfume
- Fake Clothes, Sneakers and Accessories Destroyed in Montenegro
- Albania Amends Industrial Property Law
- Latvian PTO Signs New Cooperation Plan with EPO
- Poland Joins Federated European Patent Register
- Ukrainian Cyber Police Shut Down Movie Streaming Websites
- Polish Court Decides to Extradite KickassTorrents Owner to US
- Slovenia Loses EUR 5 Million Yearly Due to Counterfeit Pesticides
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Fake Chewing Gum, Sneakers, Apparel
- Serbian Customs Seize Fake Apparel, Footwear