Romanian Domain Registry Postpones Implementation of Maintenance Fee for .Ro Domain Names
The Romanian domain registry recently postponed the implementation of registration and annual maintenance fees for .ro domain names in consideration of the current government’s legislative program for the period 2017-2020 and its legislative priorities for the first parliamentary sessions of 2017.
The fees, which were announced in December 2016, were supposed to be implemented on July 1, 2017. A public consultation on the draft legislative document concerning fee implementation is neverthless planned for July 2017.
Romania is the only country in Europe that has not introduced an annual maintenance fee for its country code top-level domain name (ccTLD).
Prepared by: Florina Firaru
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: RoTLD – .ro domain registry
Read more news on Romania or . Get our latest IP news or browse IP News Eastern Europe Archives.
April 2017 News
- Eurasian Economic Union Moves Forward with Customs Code, Eurasian Trademark
- Russia Amending Law on Information to Accelerate Proceedings Against Mirror Websites
- Slovenia Passes Law Introducing Plain Tobacco Packaging from 2020
- Russia Ratifies Geneva Act of Hague Agreement on Industrial Designs
- Romanian PTO Starts Publishing National Design and Utility Model Applications
- Romanian Domain Registry Postpones Implementation of Maintenance Fee for .Ro Domain Names
- Bulgarian PTO Publishes Draft Ordinance on Industrial Property Representatives
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 131,000 Worth of Fake Toys
- Ukrainian Customs Seize EUR 124,000 Worth of Fake Textile Products
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Fake Apparel, Sneakers, Perfume
- Hungarian Officials Seize Fake Perfume
- Fake Clothes, Sneakers and Accessories Destroyed in Montenegro
- Albania Amends Industrial Property Law
- Latvian PTO Signs New Cooperation Plan with EPO
- Poland Joins Federated European Patent Register
- Ukrainian Cyber Police Shut Down Movie Streaming Websites
- Polish Court Decides to Extradite KickassTorrents Owner to US
- Slovenia Loses EUR 5 Million Yearly Due to Counterfeit Pesticides
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Fake Chewing Gum, Sneakers, Apparel
- Serbian Customs Seize Fake Apparel, Footwear