Bulgarian Customs Seize Fake Apparel, Sneakers, Perfume
Bulgarian customs officials recently seized a considerable amount of counterfeit goods believed to infringe various well-known trademarks.
Customs officials at the Kapitan Andreevo border crossing point with Turkey seized thousands of apparel items and sneakers discovered in a truck with Polish license plates travelling from Turkey to Poland. The officials seized 5,539 apparel items (blouses, shirts, T-shirts, tracksuits, jackets and underwear) believed to infringe the Polo®, Lacoste®, Tommy Hilfiger®, Hugo Boss®, Calvin Klein® and Armani® trademarks and 241 pairs of sneakers believed to infringe the Puma®, Adidas® and Nike® trademarks.
The customs authorities at the Lesovo border crossing point with Turkey seized 1,200 bottles of perfume believed to infringe 27 different trademarks, including Bulgari®, Paco Rabanne®, Armani®, Chanel®, Dolce & Gabbana®, Lancôme® and Hermès®, as well as 350 pairs of sneakers believed to infringe the Adidas® trademark. The goods were discovered in a van driven by a Ukrainian citizen, transporting textile goods from Turkey to Ukraine. The sneakers were found among reported textile goods while the perfumes were found in a double-walled secret compartment.
Prepared by: Julia Taneva
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: Bulgarian Customs
April 2017 News
- Eurasian Economic Union Moves Forward with Customs Code, Eurasian Trademark
- Russia Amending Law on Information to Accelerate Proceedings Against Mirror Websites
- Slovenia Passes Law Introducing Plain Tobacco Packaging from 2020
- Russia Ratifies Geneva Act of Hague Agreement on Industrial Designs
- Romanian PTO Starts Publishing National Design and Utility Model Applications
- Romanian Domain Registry Postpones Implementation of Maintenance Fee for .Ro Domain Names
- Bulgarian PTO Publishes Draft Ordinance on Industrial Property Representatives
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 131,000 Worth of Fake Toys
- Ukrainian Customs Seize EUR 124,000 Worth of Fake Textile Products
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Fake Apparel, Sneakers, Perfume
- Hungarian Officials Seize Fake Perfume
- Fake Clothes, Sneakers and Accessories Destroyed in Montenegro
- Albania Amends Industrial Property Law
- Latvian PTO Signs New Cooperation Plan with EPO
- Poland Joins Federated European Patent Register
- Ukrainian Cyber Police Shut Down Movie Streaming Websites
- Polish Court Decides to Extradite KickassTorrents Owner to US
- Slovenia Loses EUR 5 Million Yearly Due to Counterfeit Pesticides
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Fake Chewing Gum, Sneakers, Apparel
- Serbian Customs Seize Fake Apparel, Footwear