Bulgarian Customs Seize Fake Chewing Gum, Sneakers, Apparel
Bulgarian customs officials recently seized a considerable amount of counterfeit goods bearing various well-known trademarks.
The customs authorities in the port city of Burgas, eastern Bulgaria, seized 121,200 chewing gum packets infringing the Minions® trademark. The goods, which were found during an inspection of a container ship, originated in China. The goods will be destroyed soon under the supervision of the Burgas Customs Office.
The officials in the town of Lom, northwestern Bulgaria, seized 1,200 pairs of sneakers believed to infringe the Nike® trademark. The goods were found in a truck with Bulgarian license plates, which was declared as transporting aluminium profiles to the UK.
Customs officials at the Kapitan Andreevo border crossing point with Turkey seized thousands of fake sneakers and apparel items on two separate occasions. The goods were found in two trucks with Polish license plates headed for Poland. The officials seized 46,500 pairs of socks, 14,232 apparel items, including blouses, shirts, pants, T-shirts and boxers, and 3,008 pairs of sneakers. The goods are believed to infringe the Adidas®, Nike®, Puma®, Tommy Hilfiger®, Calvin Klein®, Louis Vuitton®, Polo®, Disney® and Armani® trademarks.
Prepared by: Julia Taneva
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: Bulgarian Customs website
April 2017 News
- Eurasian Economic Union Moves Forward with Customs Code, Eurasian Trademark
- Russia Amending Law on Information to Accelerate Proceedings Against Mirror Websites
- Slovenia Passes Law Introducing Plain Tobacco Packaging from 2020
- Russia Ratifies Geneva Act of Hague Agreement on Industrial Designs
- Romanian PTO Starts Publishing National Design and Utility Model Applications
- Romanian Domain Registry Postpones Implementation of Maintenance Fee for .Ro Domain Names
- Bulgarian PTO Publishes Draft Ordinance on Industrial Property Representatives
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 131,000 Worth of Fake Toys
- Ukrainian Customs Seize EUR 124,000 Worth of Fake Textile Products
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Fake Apparel, Sneakers, Perfume
- Hungarian Officials Seize Fake Perfume
- Fake Clothes, Sneakers and Accessories Destroyed in Montenegro
- Albania Amends Industrial Property Law
- Latvian PTO Signs New Cooperation Plan with EPO
- Poland Joins Federated European Patent Register
- Ukrainian Cyber Police Shut Down Movie Streaming Websites
- Polish Court Decides to Extradite KickassTorrents Owner to US
- Slovenia Loses EUR 5 Million Yearly Due to Counterfeit Pesticides
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Fake Chewing Gum, Sneakers, Apparel
- Serbian Customs Seize Fake Apparel, Footwear