Bosnian Customs Seize Counterfeit Sneakers
The authorities from the Customs Sector of the Indirect Taxation Authority of Bosnia and Herzegovina have recently seized 1,200 sneakers found to infringe the intellectual property rights of the world’s leading supplier of athletic shoes and apparel and a major manufacturer of sports equipment.
The fake footwear was discovered in a container arriving from China at the customs office in Tuzla, northeastern Bosnia. The goods were intended for the Bosnian market.
It is interesting to note that self-adhesive labels, of a different shape than the logo, were placed on the sneakers over logos with an aim to conceal them.
The goods will be destroyed soon.
Prepared by: Alma Vilic
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Source: Indirect Taxation Authority of Bosnia and Herzegovina
November 2013 News
- Liberalizing Parallel Imports in Russia – Clashing Views
- EPO, Moldova Sign Agreement on Validation of European Patents
- Poland Accedes to Locarno Agreement
- Slovenia Joins Designview
- Serbia Preparing GI Law Amendments
- IIPA Lists Key Ukrainian Websites with Pirated Content
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Counterfeit Apparel, Footwear, Perfumes, Toys
- Romanian Customs Seize Fake Versace, Gucci Tableware
- Bosnian Customs Seize Counterfeit Sneakers
- Romanian PTO to Introduce Online Filing of Trademark and Design Applications