EPO, Moldova Sign Agreement on Validation of European Patents
On October 16, the European Patent Office (EPO) and the State Agency on Intellectual Property of the Republic of Moldova (AGEPI) signed an agreement under which applicants will be able to validate their European patent applications and EPO-granted patents in Moldova, even though Moldova is not a contracting state and also not an extension state to the European Patent Convention (EPC).
Under the agreement, European applications and patents validated in Moldova will have the same legal effects as Moldovan national patents and will be subject to Moldovan law.
Moldova still needs to approve the agreement and pass the implementing legislation.
Prepared by: Jelena Jankovic
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Read more news on Moldova or . Get our latest IP news or browse IP News Eastern Europe Archives.
November 2013 News
- Liberalizing Parallel Imports in Russia – Clashing Views
- EPO, Moldova Sign Agreement on Validation of European Patents
- Poland Accedes to Locarno Agreement
- Slovenia Joins Designview
- Serbia Preparing GI Law Amendments
- IIPA Lists Key Ukrainian Websites with Pirated Content
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Counterfeit Apparel, Footwear, Perfumes, Toys
- Romanian Customs Seize Fake Versace, Gucci Tableware
- Bosnian Customs Seize Counterfeit Sneakers
- Romanian PTO to Introduce Online Filing of Trademark and Design Applications