Macedonian Customs Seized Adidas, Diesel, Panasonic Counterfeits
During regular controls at Macedonia’s border crossings in the period July 20-August 21, 2011, the customs officials seized a considerable quantity of goods bearing well-known brand names, believed to be counterfeit.
On July 20, the customs officials seized 814 slippers, sports bags, tracksuits, shirts, shorts and caps bearing the marks of Adidas and Diesel.
In the week of August 1-7, the officials seized 40 pairs of shoes bearing the marks of Louis Vuitton, Gucci, and Burberry, and 30 T-shirts bearing the mark of Adidas.
In the week of August 15-21, the customs officials seized 7,000 pairs of socks bearing the marks of Reebok and Kappa, 11,950 batteries and 500 digital videotapes bearing the mark of Panasonic, 11,750 disposable razors bearing the mark of Bic, and 200 calculators bearing the mark of Casio.
The goods, which were found in trucks with Macedonian and Turkish license plates, originated in China, Turkey and Greece, and were intended for the Macedonian and Kosovo markets.
For more information, please contact Aleksandra Pavlovic at our Macedonia office.
Source: Macedonian Customs
August 2011 News
- Kosovo New Trademark Law Introduces Important Novelties
- New Copyright Law Enters into Force in Montenegro
- Walmart’s ‘Save Money. Live Better’ Opposition Dismissed in Russia
- Google Finally Asserts Right to Google.ua
- Russian Registrar Fined EUR 6 M for Domain Registration Violations
- Czech Police Arrest Counterfeit Drugs Gang
- Bosnian Software Pirate Sentenced to Prison
- Czech Brewer Wins Trademark Case Against US Rival in Bulgaria
- Czech Real Estate Firm Files Trademark Infringement Suit Against Government
- Serbia Adopts National IP Strategy 2011-2015
- Law on Optical Disks in Serbia Explained
- Hungary Amends Domain Name Regulations
- Czech Pirate Party Launches Movie-Download Portals in Protest Against Prosecution of File-Sharing Teenager
- Change in Individual Fees Under Madrid Protocol for Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan
- Slovakia Informs WIPO of Fees Under Budapest Treaty
- Bulgarian Customs Destroy Counterfeit L&M Cigarettes
- Macedonian Customs Seized Adidas, Diesel, Panasonic Counterfeits
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Lacoste, Wrangler, Adidas Counterfeits
- Romanian Customs Seize Disney, Vogue, Kenzo Counterfeits
- Kosovo Establishes First Copyright Collective
- Azerbaijani Copyright Agency to Pay Royalties for Downloaded Music to Foreign Performers
- Kosovo Approves Three New IP Laws