Czech Police Arrest Counterfeit Drugs Gang
The Czech police have recently arrested 11 people suspected of manufacturing and distributing counterfeit anabolic steroids and other drugs.
The police said eight Czechs and three Slovaks were arrested following a surveillance operation of the illegal drug-manufacturing facility in the Zlín region, eastern Czech Republic, where hundreds of thousands of tablets, including 24 kilograms of an anti-impotence drug similar to Viagra, were found.
The criminal group, consisting of former athletes, bodybuilders, fitness trainers and competition organizers, sold the tablets not only to athletes but also to people suffering from various illnesses and erectile dysfunction. The police believe the drugs were distributed throughout the EU.
If found guilty, the suspects could face between five and 12 years in prison.
For more information, please contact Jelena Jankovic at our Balkan Regional Office.
Source: Czech Position online news portal
August 2011 News
- Kosovo New Trademark Law Introduces Important Novelties
- New Copyright Law Enters into Force in Montenegro
- Walmart’s ‘Save Money. Live Better’ Opposition Dismissed in Russia
- Google Finally Asserts Right to Google.ua
- Russian Registrar Fined EUR 6 M for Domain Registration Violations
- Czech Police Arrest Counterfeit Drugs Gang
- Bosnian Software Pirate Sentenced to Prison
- Czech Brewer Wins Trademark Case Against US Rival in Bulgaria
- Czech Real Estate Firm Files Trademark Infringement Suit Against Government
- Serbia Adopts National IP Strategy 2011-2015
- Law on Optical Disks in Serbia Explained
- Hungary Amends Domain Name Regulations
- Czech Pirate Party Launches Movie-Download Portals in Protest Against Prosecution of File-Sharing Teenager
- Change in Individual Fees Under Madrid Protocol for Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan
- Slovakia Informs WIPO of Fees Under Budapest Treaty
- Bulgarian Customs Destroy Counterfeit L&M Cigarettes
- Macedonian Customs Seized Adidas, Diesel, Panasonic Counterfeits
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Lacoste, Wrangler, Adidas Counterfeits
- Romanian Customs Seize Disney, Vogue, Kenzo Counterfeits
- Kosovo Establishes First Copyright Collective
- Azerbaijani Copyright Agency to Pay Royalties for Downloaded Music to Foreign Performers
- Kosovo Approves Three New IP Laws