Bulgarian Customs Destroy Counterfeit L&M Cigarettes
On July 21, 2011, the Bulgarian customs authorities and Phillip Morris Bulgaria representatives organized the destruction of over 7 million counterfeit cigarettes bearing the mark L&M.
The destroyed cigarettes were part of over 14.5 million cigarettes seized by the Bulgarian customs officials in September 2010 and February 2011 at border checkpoints Kulata and Ilinden, southwestern Bulgaria. The remaining cigarettes are to be destroyed soon.
Bulgaria’s Customs Agency and Philip Morris Bulgaria have recently signed a cooperation agreement aimed at fighting the illicit trade of tobacco products. L&M brand cigarettes make 3 percent of all seized cigarettes in Bulgaria in 2010 and 9 percent of all seized cigarettes during the first five months of 2011.
For more information, please contact Preslav Penev at our Bulgaria office.
Source: Bulgarian Customs
August 2011 News
- Kosovo New Trademark Law Introduces Important Novelties
- New Copyright Law Enters into Force in Montenegro
- Walmart’s ‘Save Money. Live Better’ Opposition Dismissed in Russia
- Google Finally Asserts Right to Google.ua
- Russian Registrar Fined EUR 6 M for Domain Registration Violations
- Czech Police Arrest Counterfeit Drugs Gang
- Bosnian Software Pirate Sentenced to Prison
- Czech Brewer Wins Trademark Case Against US Rival in Bulgaria
- Czech Real Estate Firm Files Trademark Infringement Suit Against Government
- Serbia Adopts National IP Strategy 2011-2015
- Law on Optical Disks in Serbia Explained
- Hungary Amends Domain Name Regulations
- Czech Pirate Party Launches Movie-Download Portals in Protest Against Prosecution of File-Sharing Teenager
- Change in Individual Fees Under Madrid Protocol for Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan
- Slovakia Informs WIPO of Fees Under Budapest Treaty
- Bulgarian Customs Destroy Counterfeit L&M Cigarettes
- Macedonian Customs Seized Adidas, Diesel, Panasonic Counterfeits
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Lacoste, Wrangler, Adidas Counterfeits
- Romanian Customs Seize Disney, Vogue, Kenzo Counterfeits
- Kosovo Establishes First Copyright Collective
- Azerbaijani Copyright Agency to Pay Royalties for Downloaded Music to Foreign Performers
- Kosovo Approves Three New IP Laws