Kosovo Approves Three New IP Laws
On July 29, 2011, the Kosovo Assembly approved three new laws in the field of industrial property:
The Law on Trademarks No. 04/L-026 approved by the Kosovo Parliament on July 29, 2011 and promulgated by the President’s Decree DL-017-2011 on August 9, 2011
The Law on Patents No. 04/L-029 approved by the Kosovo Parliament on July 29, 2011 and promulgated by the President’s Decree DL-016-2011 on August 9, 2011
The Law on Industrial Designs No. 04/L-028 approved by the Kosovo Parliament on July 29, 2011 and promulgated by the President’s Decree DL-013-2011 on August 9, 2011
The laws will enter into force 15 days after they are published in the Official Gazette. It is estimated that these laws will enter into force early September.
More details about the new laws will follow by the end of this month.
For more information, please contact Masa Lopicic at our Balkan Regional Office.
Source: Kosovo Assembly
Read more news on Kosovo (UNSCR 1244) or . Get our latest IP news or browse IP News Eastern Europe Archives.
August 2011 News
- Kosovo New Trademark Law Introduces Important Novelties
- New Copyright Law Enters into Force in Montenegro
- Walmart’s ‘Save Money. Live Better’ Opposition Dismissed in Russia
- Google Finally Asserts Right to Google.ua
- Russian Registrar Fined EUR 6 M for Domain Registration Violations
- Czech Police Arrest Counterfeit Drugs Gang
- Bosnian Software Pirate Sentenced to Prison
- Czech Brewer Wins Trademark Case Against US Rival in Bulgaria
- Czech Real Estate Firm Files Trademark Infringement Suit Against Government
- Serbia Adopts National IP Strategy 2011-2015
- Law on Optical Disks in Serbia Explained
- Hungary Amends Domain Name Regulations
- Czech Pirate Party Launches Movie-Download Portals in Protest Against Prosecution of File-Sharing Teenager
- Change in Individual Fees Under Madrid Protocol for Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan
- Slovakia Informs WIPO of Fees Under Budapest Treaty
- Bulgarian Customs Destroy Counterfeit L&M Cigarettes
- Macedonian Customs Seized Adidas, Diesel, Panasonic Counterfeits
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Lacoste, Wrangler, Adidas Counterfeits
- Romanian Customs Seize Disney, Vogue, Kenzo Counterfeits
- Kosovo Establishes First Copyright Collective
- Azerbaijani Copyright Agency to Pay Royalties for Downloaded Music to Foreign Performers
- Kosovo Approves Three New IP Laws