Azerbaijani Copyright Agency to Pay Royalties for Downloaded Music to Foreign Performers
The Copyright Agency of the Republic of Azerbaijan has signed contracts with a number of performers from neighboring countries for payment of royalties when their works or performances are downloaded from Azerbaijani websites.
The Agency has also called on songwriters, composers and performers whose work and performances are downloaded from the Internet, to submit their personal details and information about their work to the Agency. This information will be entered in a recently created database aimed at ensuring copyright protection in the digital environment.
The Agency is also holding talks with major Azerbaijani websites to secure their cooperation on this project.
“Foreign performers can connect with us as a relevant agency, either via the copyright and intellectual property protection agencies in their country or directly. We have signed a number of similar contracts directly with Russian artists who regularly get fees from us”, the agency noted.
Everyone interested in protecting their digital content can contact the Agency at +994-12-493-3944 or +994-12-498-2232, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, please contact Aleksandra Pavlovic at our Macedonia office.
Source: Azerbaijani business information portal ABC
August 2011 News
- Kosovo New Trademark Law Introduces Important Novelties
- New Copyright Law Enters into Force in Montenegro
- Walmart’s ‘Save Money. Live Better’ Opposition Dismissed in Russia
- Google Finally Asserts Right to Google.ua
- Russian Registrar Fined EUR 6 M for Domain Registration Violations
- Czech Police Arrest Counterfeit Drugs Gang
- Bosnian Software Pirate Sentenced to Prison
- Czech Brewer Wins Trademark Case Against US Rival in Bulgaria
- Czech Real Estate Firm Files Trademark Infringement Suit Against Government
- Serbia Adopts National IP Strategy 2011-2015
- Law on Optical Disks in Serbia Explained
- Hungary Amends Domain Name Regulations
- Czech Pirate Party Launches Movie-Download Portals in Protest Against Prosecution of File-Sharing Teenager
- Change in Individual Fees Under Madrid Protocol for Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan
- Slovakia Informs WIPO of Fees Under Budapest Treaty
- Bulgarian Customs Destroy Counterfeit L&M Cigarettes
- Macedonian Customs Seized Adidas, Diesel, Panasonic Counterfeits
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Lacoste, Wrangler, Adidas Counterfeits
- Romanian Customs Seize Disney, Vogue, Kenzo Counterfeits
- Kosovo Establishes First Copyright Collective
- Azerbaijani Copyright Agency to Pay Royalties for Downloaded Music to Foreign Performers
- Kosovo Approves Three New IP Laws