Romanian Customs Seize Disney, Vogue, Kenzo Counterfeits
On July 19 and August 2, 2011, the Romanian customs officials at the port of Constanta, eastern Romania, seized clothing articles and toys believed to be counterfeit.
On July 19, the officials seized 426 clothing articles worth EUR 15,000 (USD 21,565) bearing the marks of Vogue and Kenzo. The goods where discovered in a container originating in China and intended for a shop in Bucharest, Romania.
On August 2, the officials seized 2,112 toys bearing the mark My Little Pony and 384 toys bearing the mark Disney, worth approximately EUR 48,000 (USD 69,010). The goods were found in a container originating in China and intended for a shop in Ukraine.
For more information, please contact Marius Ciobanasu at our Romania office.
Source: Romanian Customs
August 2011 News
- Kosovo New Trademark Law Introduces Important Novelties
- New Copyright Law Enters into Force in Montenegro
- Walmart’s ‘Save Money. Live Better’ Opposition Dismissed in Russia
- Google Finally Asserts Right to Google.ua
- Russian Registrar Fined EUR 6 M for Domain Registration Violations
- Czech Police Arrest Counterfeit Drugs Gang
- Bosnian Software Pirate Sentenced to Prison
- Czech Brewer Wins Trademark Case Against US Rival in Bulgaria
- Czech Real Estate Firm Files Trademark Infringement Suit Against Government
- Serbia Adopts National IP Strategy 2011-2015
- Law on Optical Disks in Serbia Explained
- Hungary Amends Domain Name Regulations
- Czech Pirate Party Launches Movie-Download Portals in Protest Against Prosecution of File-Sharing Teenager
- Change in Individual Fees Under Madrid Protocol for Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan
- Slovakia Informs WIPO of Fees Under Budapest Treaty
- Bulgarian Customs Destroy Counterfeit L&M Cigarettes
- Macedonian Customs Seized Adidas, Diesel, Panasonic Counterfeits
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Lacoste, Wrangler, Adidas Counterfeits
- Romanian Customs Seize Disney, Vogue, Kenzo Counterfeits
- Kosovo Establishes First Copyright Collective
- Azerbaijani Copyright Agency to Pay Royalties for Downloaded Music to Foreign Performers
- Kosovo Approves Three New IP Laws