Kosovo Establishes First Copyright Collective
The first copyright collective in Kosovo – The Association of Authors, Producers and Interpreters (APIK) has recently been established with an aim to curb the widespread copyright infringement and piracy.
The organization has been founded to deal with the collective management of musical works, including the collection of royalty payments from users of copyrighted works and distribution to copyright owners.
APIK is expected to soon get a license from the Copyright Office operating under the Ministry of Culture, Youth and Sports.
Although the Law on Copyright and Related Rights has been in force since 2006, it has never been implemented in practice. A new copyright law, approved by the Kosovo Government, is awaiting the approval by the Kosovo Assembly.
For more information, please contact Jelena Jankovic at our Balkan Regional Office.
Source: Kosovo Ministry of Culture, Youth and Sports
August 2011 News
- Kosovo New Trademark Law Introduces Important Novelties
- New Copyright Law Enters into Force in Montenegro
- Walmart’s ‘Save Money. Live Better’ Opposition Dismissed in Russia
- Google Finally Asserts Right to Google.ua
- Russian Registrar Fined EUR 6 M for Domain Registration Violations
- Czech Police Arrest Counterfeit Drugs Gang
- Bosnian Software Pirate Sentenced to Prison
- Czech Brewer Wins Trademark Case Against US Rival in Bulgaria
- Czech Real Estate Firm Files Trademark Infringement Suit Against Government
- Serbia Adopts National IP Strategy 2011-2015
- Law on Optical Disks in Serbia Explained
- Hungary Amends Domain Name Regulations
- Czech Pirate Party Launches Movie-Download Portals in Protest Against Prosecution of File-Sharing Teenager
- Change in Individual Fees Under Madrid Protocol for Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan
- Slovakia Informs WIPO of Fees Under Budapest Treaty
- Bulgarian Customs Destroy Counterfeit L&M Cigarettes
- Macedonian Customs Seized Adidas, Diesel, Panasonic Counterfeits
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Lacoste, Wrangler, Adidas Counterfeits
- Romanian Customs Seize Disney, Vogue, Kenzo Counterfeits
- Kosovo Establishes First Copyright Collective
- Azerbaijani Copyright Agency to Pay Royalties for Downloaded Music to Foreign Performers
- Kosovo Approves Three New IP Laws