Counterfeit Adidas and Nike Apparel Seized in Bulgaria
On May 13 and 14, 2009, Bulgarian PTO officials conducted an inspection of a shopping mall in Plovdiv, in central Bulgaria, to stop the distribution of counterfeit Adidas, Nike, and Playboy apparel.
As a result, the Bulgarian PTO seized 369 pairs of footwear and 443 pieces of tracksuits, T-shirts, vests and shorts. The counterfeit goods were imported from Turkey and China, and are worth EUR 43,589 (USD 60,360).
The inspection was conducted in cooperation with representatives of the infringed trademarks.
For more information, please contact Milena Bogoslovova in our Bulgaria Office.
June 2009 News
- Draft of Bosnian Trademark Law Up for Discussion
- Romanian PTO Limits Turn-Around for Trademark Searches
- Croatian Chamber of Patent and Trademark Representatives Established
- Serbia Ratifies Several International IP Agreements
- Kyrgyz PTO and AsiaInfo Sign Agreement on Administration of “KG” Domain
- Macedonia and Serbia Gear up for National IP Strategies
- Romanian Customs Seize Counterfeit Adidas, Armani, Chanel, Lacoste and Nike Goods
- Macedonian Customs Seize Counterfeit Davidoff, Dove, Kenzo, Nivea, Replay and Versace Goods
- Counterfeit Adidas and Nike Apparel Seized in Bulgaria
- Estonia, Russia and Slovakia Accede and Ratify International IP Treaties
- Montenegro’s ccTLD Records 250,000 Registrations
- Bulgaria Hosts 2009 Worldwide Symposium on Geographical Indications
- Moldovan IPO Hosts UPOV Regional Training on Plant Variety Protection