Montenegro’s ccTLD Records 250,000 Registrations
Montenegro’s country code top-level domain (ccTLD) .ME reached quarter of a million registrations, announced representatives of the .ME registry on May 20, 2009.
Supposedly, .ME is one of the fastest growing new ccTLD in the world, with 48,000 applications submitted for an online auction of .ME domains in late May 2009. The next round of auctions began on June 5, 2009.
Interested buyers can bid for domains, such as Copy.Me, Publish.Me, Catch.Me, Share.Me, Beer.Me, Trust.Me, Network.Me, Live.Me, Kick.Me, Face.Me, David.Me, Invite.Me, Teach.Me, Remind.Me, Gallery.Me.
Online marketing community members believe that .ME’s popularity is directly linked with the domain’s branding power. Domains such as YouAnd.Me, Hotels4.Me, Pizza4.Me and Tickets4.Me are easy to remember, more personalized and provide more user-generated content, explained Steve Sikes, the founder of the popular dating site YouAnd.Me.
For more information, please contact Jelena Radevic in our Montenegro Office.
Read more news on Montenegro or . Get our latest IP news or browse IP News Eastern Europe Archives.
June 2009 News
- Draft of Bosnian Trademark Law Up for Discussion
- Romanian PTO Limits Turn-Around for Trademark Searches
- Croatian Chamber of Patent and Trademark Representatives Established
- Serbia Ratifies Several International IP Agreements
- Kyrgyz PTO and AsiaInfo Sign Agreement on Administration of “KG” Domain
- Macedonia and Serbia Gear up for National IP Strategies
- Romanian Customs Seize Counterfeit Adidas, Armani, Chanel, Lacoste and Nike Goods
- Macedonian Customs Seize Counterfeit Davidoff, Dove, Kenzo, Nivea, Replay and Versace Goods
- Counterfeit Adidas and Nike Apparel Seized in Bulgaria
- Estonia, Russia and Slovakia Accede and Ratify International IP Treaties
- Montenegro’s ccTLD Records 250,000 Registrations
- Bulgaria Hosts 2009 Worldwide Symposium on Geographical Indications
- Moldovan IPO Hosts UPOV Regional Training on Plant Variety Protection