Macedonian Customs Seize Counterfeit Davidoff, Dove, Kenzo, Nivea, Replay and Versace Goods
On May 24, 2009, Macedonian customs officers prevented several attempts to import counterfeit goods on the country’s territory.
The customs seized 17,505 items of different types of cosmetic products, bearing the trademarks of Brut, Cool Addict, Cool Water (Davidoff), Dolce & Nobleman, Dove, Joop, Kenzo, Nivea and Rexona.
They also seized 1,795 counterfeit Adidas, Armani, Chanel, Dolce & Gabanna, Replay and Versace apparel and accessory items.
The goods were found in the town of Gevgelija on the Greek-Macedonian border, in a truck driven by an Albanian citizen. The counterfeit goods are of Chinese origin and were intended for the Macedonian market.
For more information, please contact Tatjana Nakevska in our Macedonia Office.
June 2009 News
- Draft of Bosnian Trademark Law Up for Discussion
- Romanian PTO Limits Turn-Around for Trademark Searches
- Croatian Chamber of Patent and Trademark Representatives Established
- Serbia Ratifies Several International IP Agreements
- Kyrgyz PTO and AsiaInfo Sign Agreement on Administration of “KG” Domain
- Macedonia and Serbia Gear up for National IP Strategies
- Romanian Customs Seize Counterfeit Adidas, Armani, Chanel, Lacoste and Nike Goods
- Macedonian Customs Seize Counterfeit Davidoff, Dove, Kenzo, Nivea, Replay and Versace Goods
- Counterfeit Adidas and Nike Apparel Seized in Bulgaria
- Estonia, Russia and Slovakia Accede and Ratify International IP Treaties
- Montenegro’s ccTLD Records 250,000 Registrations
- Bulgaria Hosts 2009 Worldwide Symposium on Geographical Indications
- Moldovan IPO Hosts UPOV Regional Training on Plant Variety Protection