Macedonia and Serbia Gear up for National IP Strategies
The Macedonian and Serbian intellectual property offices have recently held separate discussions about their national strategies for intellectual property.
The Serbian IPO organized a meeting on June 15, 2009, while the Macedonian IPO held three workshops on May 26, 2009. Both events were organized in cooperation with the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), and gathered relevant state officials, local and international IP experts.
The discussions focused on priority steps to be taken in drafting of national strategies, as well as on key institutions that should take part in the drafting of national strategies.
Workshop conclusions in Macedonia will be further discussed at the next meeting, which will take place in July and which is intended to finalize the national strategy.
On the occasion of drafting the national strategy for Macedonia, European IP expert Ron Marchant paid a visit to the Macedonian IPO to provide expert opinion and discuss relevant issues with Macedonian IP officials and experts.
Marchant also attended the meeting in Serbia where he addressed participants. Other speakers at this meeting included Milos Nedeljkovic, state secretary in the Serbian Ministry of Science and Technological Development, Michal Svantner, WIPO’s Senior Counselor, and Branka Totic, head of the Serbian IPO.
June 2009 News
- Draft of Bosnian Trademark Law Up for Discussion
- Romanian PTO Limits Turn-Around for Trademark Searches
- Croatian Chamber of Patent and Trademark Representatives Established
- Serbia Ratifies Several International IP Agreements
- Kyrgyz PTO and AsiaInfo Sign Agreement on Administration of “KG” Domain
- Macedonia and Serbia Gear up for National IP Strategies
- Romanian Customs Seize Counterfeit Adidas, Armani, Chanel, Lacoste and Nike Goods
- Macedonian Customs Seize Counterfeit Davidoff, Dove, Kenzo, Nivea, Replay and Versace Goods
- Counterfeit Adidas and Nike Apparel Seized in Bulgaria
- Estonia, Russia and Slovakia Accede and Ratify International IP Treaties
- Montenegro’s ccTLD Records 250,000 Registrations
- Bulgaria Hosts 2009 Worldwide Symposium on Geographical Indications
- Moldovan IPO Hosts UPOV Regional Training on Plant Variety Protection