Estonia, Russia and Slovakia Accede and Ratify International IP Treaties
As reported by the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), Estonia, Russia and Slovakia have recently ratified various international IP treaties and conventions.
On May 12, 2009, Russia acceded to the Patent Law Treaty, adopted at Geneva on June 1, 2000. The Treaty will enter into force in Russia on August 12, 2009.
On the same day, Slovakia acceded to the International Convention for the Protection of New Varieties of Plants as revised on March 19, 1991. The Convention entered into force in Slovakia on June 12, 2009.
On May 14, 2009, Estonia ratified the Singapore Treaty on the Law of Trademarks, adopted at Singapore on March 27, 2006. The Treaty will enter into force in Estonia on August 14, 2009.
For more information, please contact Jovana Miocinovic in our Balkan Regional Office.
June 2009 News
- Draft of Bosnian Trademark Law Up for Discussion
- Romanian PTO Limits Turn-Around for Trademark Searches
- Croatian Chamber of Patent and Trademark Representatives Established
- Serbia Ratifies Several International IP Agreements
- Kyrgyz PTO and AsiaInfo Sign Agreement on Administration of “KG” Domain
- Macedonia and Serbia Gear up for National IP Strategies
- Romanian Customs Seize Counterfeit Adidas, Armani, Chanel, Lacoste and Nike Goods
- Macedonian Customs Seize Counterfeit Davidoff, Dove, Kenzo, Nivea, Replay and Versace Goods
- Counterfeit Adidas and Nike Apparel Seized in Bulgaria
- Estonia, Russia and Slovakia Accede and Ratify International IP Treaties
- Montenegro’s ccTLD Records 250,000 Registrations
- Bulgaria Hosts 2009 Worldwide Symposium on Geographical Indications
- Moldovan IPO Hosts UPOV Regional Training on Plant Variety Protection