Bulgarian Customs Seize Counterfeit Apparel, Perfumes
Bulgarian customs officials at the Kapitan Andreevo border crossing point, southern Bulgaria, have recently seized a considerable amount of textile products and perfumes bearing the logos of well-known brands, believed to be counterfeit.
On the first occasion, the officials discovered and seized 1,607 children’s tops bearing the Mickey Mouse mark and 768 athletic wear items bearing the fake Adidas and Nike marks. The counterfeits originated in Turkey and were intended for the Bulgarian market.
On the second occasion, the officials seized 1,716 counterfeit perfumes bearing the marks of Givenchy, Paco Rabanne, Giorgio Armani, Chanel and Versace, among others; 590 T-shirts, shirts and athletic wear items bearing the marks of Armani, Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein; and 167 pairs of sneakers bearing the fake Adidas mark. The fake goods were discovered while checking the luggage of three passengers, Romanian citizens, traveling by bus from Turkey to Romania.
Prepared by: Julia Taneva
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Source: Bulgarian Customs
June 2016 News
- Ukraine Adopts New Laws on Judicial Reform; IP Court to be Established in 2017
- Slovenian Courts Follow CJEU Rulings, but the Administrative Interim Injunction Gets Lost in Transition
- Bulgaria Ratifies UPC Agreement
- Tajikistan Ratifies Amendments to TRIPS Agreement
- Romanian Translations of European Patents Designating Romania Now Available on Romanian PTO’s Website
- Albania, Georgia Join TMclass
- Romanian Police Seize Fake Medicine
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 77,300 Worth of Counterfeits
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Counterfeit Apparel, Perfumes
- Original, Notarized PoA Required for Each Action before Kosovo IPO
- Macedonia Joins the So-Called “Federated” European Patent Register
- Cease and Desist Letters Mandatory in Russia Before Infringement Lawsuits
- Rehau Ukraine Wins Unfair Competition Dispute
- Romanian Customs Seize Counterfeit Toys, Accessories
- Hungarian Customs Seize Counterfeit Apparel, Footwear
- Slovenian PTO: Patent, Trademark, Design Applications Decrease in 2015