Rehau Ukraine Wins Unfair Competition Dispute
Last month the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine ruled against a local company named Rehau Manufacturing Company for registering and using a company name and domain name confusingly similar to that of its competitor — Rehau’s Ukrainian branch Rehau Ukraine.
In December 2015, Rehau Ukraine filed an unfair competition claim based on prior trademark rights. The companies are both based in Kyiv, have the word “Рехау” (Rehau in Cyrillic) in their names, and are competitors in the field of production and sale of PVC windows.
Rehau Manufacturing Company, owned by two individuals, was established and registered in 2015, while Rehau Ukraine was founded in 2002 and owns various Rehau trademarks in Ukraine, which were granted protection prior to 2015.
The Antimonopoly Committee decision states that the defendant should stop using the Rehau trademark, both in its company and domain name.
The decision can be appealed before the Commercial Court of Kyiv.
Prepared by: Olga Goncharova
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Source: Ukrainian news portal Liga.net; Antimonopoly Committee website
June 2016 News
- Ukraine Adopts New Laws on Judicial Reform; IP Court to be Established in 2017
- Slovenian Courts Follow CJEU Rulings, but the Administrative Interim Injunction Gets Lost in Transition
- Bulgaria Ratifies UPC Agreement
- Tajikistan Ratifies Amendments to TRIPS Agreement
- Romanian Translations of European Patents Designating Romania Now Available on Romanian PTO’s Website
- Albania, Georgia Join TMclass
- Romanian Police Seize Fake Medicine
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 77,300 Worth of Counterfeits
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Counterfeit Apparel, Perfumes
- Original, Notarized PoA Required for Each Action before Kosovo IPO
- Macedonia Joins the So-Called “Federated” European Patent Register
- Cease and Desist Letters Mandatory in Russia Before Infringement Lawsuits
- Rehau Ukraine Wins Unfair Competition Dispute
- Romanian Customs Seize Counterfeit Toys, Accessories
- Hungarian Customs Seize Counterfeit Apparel, Footwear
- Slovenian PTO: Patent, Trademark, Design Applications Decrease in 2015