Original, Notarized PoA Required for Each Action before Kosovo IPO
As of June 8, 2016, the Kosovo IPO does not accept any action if not accompanied by an original Power of Attorney (PoA) form. Alternatively, a notarized copy of the original is acceptable. Kosovo notary public will only certify a copy if the original is notarized in the country of origin. Therefore, we recommend that each PoA sent, as of now on, is notarized.
This change applies to all filings before the Kosovo IPO, such as new applications, renewals, responses to office actions, oppositions, recordals, or any other action before the IPO.
Therefore, scanned copies of PoAs will not suffice to meet any deadline or obtain a filing date.
In this regard, we have to ask our clients to send us an original, notarized PoA with filing instructions of any nature. As mentioned, we will be able to produce notarized copies locally, but only based on an already notarized original.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read more news on Kosovo (UNSCR 1244) or . Get our latest IP news or browse IP News Eastern Europe Archives.
June 2016 News
- Ukraine Adopts New Laws on Judicial Reform; IP Court to be Established in 2017
- Slovenian Courts Follow CJEU Rulings, but the Administrative Interim Injunction Gets Lost in Transition
- Bulgaria Ratifies UPC Agreement
- Tajikistan Ratifies Amendments to TRIPS Agreement
- Romanian Translations of European Patents Designating Romania Now Available on Romanian PTO’s Website
- Albania, Georgia Join TMclass
- Romanian Police Seize Fake Medicine
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 77,300 Worth of Counterfeits
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Counterfeit Apparel, Perfumes
- Original, Notarized PoA Required for Each Action before Kosovo IPO
- Macedonia Joins the So-Called “Federated” European Patent Register
- Cease and Desist Letters Mandatory in Russia Before Infringement Lawsuits
- Rehau Ukraine Wins Unfair Competition Dispute
- Romanian Customs Seize Counterfeit Toys, Accessories
- Hungarian Customs Seize Counterfeit Apparel, Footwear
- Slovenian PTO: Patent, Trademark, Design Applications Decrease in 2015