Romanian Customs Seize Counterfeit Toys, Accessories
In the period April 26—May 17, the Romanian customs officials made several seizures of products believed to be counterfeit, the total value of which is estimated at EUR 164,000 (USD 185,000).
The seized products included dolls, balloons, watches, wallets, various small toys, travel bags and plastic pens, believed to infringe Star Wars, Disney, Hello Kitty, Spiderman, Despicable Me, Barbie, Dora the Explorer, Angry Birds, Louis Vuitton and Bic 3D trademarks.
The fake goods were seized at the port of Constanta, south Romania. The goods originated in China and were intended for the Romanian market.
Furthermore, on April 22, 2016, Romanian consumer protection and police authorities conducted an inspection of a shopping center in Bucharest to ensure that the products offered for sale comply with textile labeling requirements.
As a result, products worth approximately EUR 24,000 (USD 27,000) were withdrawn from the market due to improper labeling. The authorities also launched four criminal cases due to trademark infringement and seized 652 clothing articles (shirts, T-shirts, sneakers) believed to infringe well-known trademarks.
Prepared by: Rodica Gungor
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: Romanian Customs website; National Authority for Consumer Protection website
June 2016 News
- Ukraine Adopts New Laws on Judicial Reform; IP Court to be Established in 2017
- Slovenian Courts Follow CJEU Rulings, but the Administrative Interim Injunction Gets Lost in Transition
- Bulgaria Ratifies UPC Agreement
- Tajikistan Ratifies Amendments to TRIPS Agreement
- Romanian Translations of European Patents Designating Romania Now Available on Romanian PTO’s Website
- Albania, Georgia Join TMclass
- Romanian Police Seize Fake Medicine
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 77,300 Worth of Counterfeits
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Counterfeit Apparel, Perfumes
- Original, Notarized PoA Required for Each Action before Kosovo IPO
- Macedonia Joins the So-Called “Federated” European Patent Register
- Cease and Desist Letters Mandatory in Russia Before Infringement Lawsuits
- Rehau Ukraine Wins Unfair Competition Dispute
- Romanian Customs Seize Counterfeit Toys, Accessories
- Hungarian Customs Seize Counterfeit Apparel, Footwear
- Slovenian PTO: Patent, Trademark, Design Applications Decrease in 2015