Bulgarian Customs Seize Counterfeit Jeans, Backpacks
Bulgaria’s National Customs Agency has recently reported the seizure of jeans and children’s backpacks bearing well-known brand names believed to be counterfeit.
The customs officials in the city of Plovdiv, southern Bulgaria, seized 250 counterfeit pairs of jeans bearing the mark Mercedes Benz. The jeans originated in Macedonia and were intended for the Bulgarian market.
On a different occasion, the customs officials at the Port of Varna West, eastern Bulgaria, seized 4,769 children’s backpacks bearing the images of characters such as Anna and Elsa from Disney’s animated film “Frozen”, the Smurfs, Lightning McQueen, Hello Kitty, the Winx Club girls, Dora the Explorer, Mickey Mouse and Winnie the Pooh. The counterfeit backpacks originated in China and were intended for the Bulgarian market.
Prepared by: Julia Taneva
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Source: Bulgarian Customs website
Read more news on Bulgaria or . Get our latest IP news or browse IP News Eastern Europe Archives.
July 2015 News
- Serbia Amends Industrial Design Law
- Montenegro Adopts New Patent Law
- Significant Amendments Introduced to Kazakhstan Trademark Law
- Albanian Courts Show Willingness to Follow CJEU Criteria in Trademark Cases
- IP in Crimea: Russia Issues New Deadline for Filing Revalidation Requests
- Croatian Authorities Seize EUR 2M Worth of Counterfeits
- Italian Authorities Expose Polish Ham Scam
- Puma, Diesel, Champion, Adidas, Reebok Counterfeits Destroyed in Serbia
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Counterfeit Jeans, Backpacks
- Ukrainian Border Guards Seize Counterfeit Cigarettes
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 696,000 Worth of Counterfeits
- Letters With Diacritical Signs Now Allowed in Romanian Domain Names
- New Official Fees in Kazakhstan
- Armenian Registry Suspends Pirate Bay Domain Names
- Romanian PTO Launches Pilot Patent Prosecution Highway Program with the US, Japanese PTOs
- Change in Individual Fees Under Madrid Protocol for Bulgaria
- Serbia Joins TMview
- Bosnian Version of IP PANORAMA Available Online
- ICANN Approves Armenian Domain Extension in Local Script
- Ukrainian Inventors Seeking Investors to Develop Environmentally Friendly Batteries Taking 5 Seconds to Charge Up
- Translations of European Patent Specifications with Designation for Slovak Republic Now Published on Slovak IPO’s Website