New Official Fees in Kazakhstan
The new official fees, which were introduced by the Kazakhstan government’s Order No. 294 of May 26, 2015, entered into effect on July 12, 2015.
The new official fee for filing a trademark application covering up to three classes and for the examination now costs approximately EUR 320 (USD 353), which is about 30 percent more than what applicants used to pay before for the same service. For each additional class applicants have to pay approximately EUR 50 (USD 55). The trademark registration fee has almost doubled and now amounts to approximately EUR 140 (USD 154).
A 15 percent discount on the examination fee for patent applications that include a valid international search report or an international preliminary examination report has been reintroduced.
Small and middle-sized entities that are residents of Kazakhstan are now entitled to a 20 percent discount on applications for patents, utility models, industrial designs and selection achievements.
Prepared by: Viktoriia Smyrnova
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: Kazakhstan government’s Order No. 294
July 2015 News
- Serbia Amends Industrial Design Law
- Montenegro Adopts New Patent Law
- Significant Amendments Introduced to Kazakhstan Trademark Law
- Albanian Courts Show Willingness to Follow CJEU Criteria in Trademark Cases
- IP in Crimea: Russia Issues New Deadline for Filing Revalidation Requests
- Croatian Authorities Seize EUR 2M Worth of Counterfeits
- Italian Authorities Expose Polish Ham Scam
- Puma, Diesel, Champion, Adidas, Reebok Counterfeits Destroyed in Serbia
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Counterfeit Jeans, Backpacks
- Ukrainian Border Guards Seize Counterfeit Cigarettes
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 696,000 Worth of Counterfeits
- Letters With Diacritical Signs Now Allowed in Romanian Domain Names
- New Official Fees in Kazakhstan
- Armenian Registry Suspends Pirate Bay Domain Names
- Romanian PTO Launches Pilot Patent Prosecution Highway Program with the US, Japanese PTOs
- Change in Individual Fees Under Madrid Protocol for Bulgaria
- Serbia Joins TMview
- Bosnian Version of IP PANORAMA Available Online
- ICANN Approves Armenian Domain Extension in Local Script
- Ukrainian Inventors Seeking Investors to Develop Environmentally Friendly Batteries Taking 5 Seconds to Charge Up
- Translations of European Patent Specifications with Designation for Slovak Republic Now Published on Slovak IPO’s Website