Ukrainian Border Guards Seize Counterfeit Cigarettes
Ukrainian border guards in the Transcarpathian region in southwestern Ukraine recently detained 60 boxes of cigarettes (50 cartons in each), which a group of people tried to export across the border into Romania.
The Ukrainian authorities handed the cigarettes over to fiscal services and are taking actions to track down the offenders.
A similar offense was recently prevented in the Volyn region, northwestern Ukraine, when the authorities stopped a car transporting boxes of Belarusian cigarettes without excise labels.
In both cases, the fake cigarettes were manufactured at the Lviv tobacco factory and labelled with Belarusian cigarette brands. The goods were sold in Ukraine and also shipped to the European Union countries.
Prepared by: Olga Goncharova
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: State Border Guard Service of Ukraine website
July 2015 News
- Serbia Amends Industrial Design Law
- Montenegro Adopts New Patent Law
- Significant Amendments Introduced to Kazakhstan Trademark Law
- Albanian Courts Show Willingness to Follow CJEU Criteria in Trademark Cases
- IP in Crimea: Russia Issues New Deadline for Filing Revalidation Requests
- Croatian Authorities Seize EUR 2M Worth of Counterfeits
- Italian Authorities Expose Polish Ham Scam
- Puma, Diesel, Champion, Adidas, Reebok Counterfeits Destroyed in Serbia
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Counterfeit Jeans, Backpacks
- Ukrainian Border Guards Seize Counterfeit Cigarettes
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 696,000 Worth of Counterfeits
- Letters With Diacritical Signs Now Allowed in Romanian Domain Names
- New Official Fees in Kazakhstan
- Armenian Registry Suspends Pirate Bay Domain Names
- Romanian PTO Launches Pilot Patent Prosecution Highway Program with the US, Japanese PTOs
- Change in Individual Fees Under Madrid Protocol for Bulgaria
- Serbia Joins TMview
- Bosnian Version of IP PANORAMA Available Online
- ICANN Approves Armenian Domain Extension in Local Script
- Ukrainian Inventors Seeking Investors to Develop Environmentally Friendly Batteries Taking 5 Seconds to Charge Up
- Translations of European Patent Specifications with Designation for Slovak Republic Now Published on Slovak IPO’s Website