Croatian Authorities Seize EUR 2M Worth of Counterfeits
On May 7, 2015, the Croatian customs and police authorities conducted raids at seven different premises in Zagreb in order to seize suspected counterfeit goods and put an end to the production and sale of such goods.
The raids resulted in the seizure of a total of 120,468 pieces of textile goods, leather goods and other items bearing among others the marks of Louis Vuitton, Lacoste, Armani, Michael Kors, Moschino, D&G, Chanel, Gucci and Versace, as well as 2,015 kilograms of raw materials used for making counterfeit leather bags.
The estimated value of the seized goods is approximately EUR 1.9 million (USD 2.1 million).
Misdemeanor and criminal proceedings against the suspects will follow, due to activities violating the provisions of the trademark law and the law prohibiting and preventing unregistered activities.
Prepared by: Mario Rusek
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Source: Croatian Customs website
July 2015 News
- Serbia Amends Industrial Design Law
- Montenegro Adopts New Patent Law
- Significant Amendments Introduced to Kazakhstan Trademark Law
- Albanian Courts Show Willingness to Follow CJEU Criteria in Trademark Cases
- IP in Crimea: Russia Issues New Deadline for Filing Revalidation Requests
- Croatian Authorities Seize EUR 2M Worth of Counterfeits
- Italian Authorities Expose Polish Ham Scam
- Puma, Diesel, Champion, Adidas, Reebok Counterfeits Destroyed in Serbia
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Counterfeit Jeans, Backpacks
- Ukrainian Border Guards Seize Counterfeit Cigarettes
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 696,000 Worth of Counterfeits
- Letters With Diacritical Signs Now Allowed in Romanian Domain Names
- New Official Fees in Kazakhstan
- Armenian Registry Suspends Pirate Bay Domain Names
- Romanian PTO Launches Pilot Patent Prosecution Highway Program with the US, Japanese PTOs
- Change in Individual Fees Under Madrid Protocol for Bulgaria
- Serbia Joins TMview
- Bosnian Version of IP PANORAMA Available Online
- ICANN Approves Armenian Domain Extension in Local Script
- Ukrainian Inventors Seeking Investors to Develop Environmentally Friendly Batteries Taking 5 Seconds to Charge Up
- Translations of European Patent Specifications with Designation for Slovak Republic Now Published on Slovak IPO’s Website