Czech Top-Level Domain Records 1 Millionth Registered Domain Name
CZ.NIC, the association responsible for servicing and maintaining the Czech top-level domain .cz, informed on November 19 that it had registered the 1 millionth .cz domain name, thus becoming the 12th “millionaire” among the EU member states.
The .cz top-level domain is among those with the fastest growth, with over 10,000 new domains being registered every month.
Statistics published by CZ.NIC in April this year show that the majority of registered domain names are owned by individuals – 58 percent. The highest percentage of websites in the .cz domain are company websites (41 percent), followed by parked domains (19 percent), e-shops, and non-functional websites (8 percent), while personal websites account for 7 percent of all registered domains.
Prepared by: Aleksandra Pavlovic
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: CZ.NIC, operator of .cz top-level domain
December 2012 News
- Serbia Drafts New Law on Topographies of Semiconductor Products
- Microsoft Wins Rights to Windows.ru Domain
- Clothes Hangers Protected Under Design Patent in Ukraine
- New Official Fees for Eurasian Patents as of January 1, 2013
- Polish Trademarks Added to TMview
- Lithuania Approves Law on Ratification of Singapore Treaty
- Belarus Ratifies Law on Accession to Singapore Treaty
- Serbia Accedes to International Convention for the Protection of New Varieties of Plants
- Tajikistan Accedes to Phonograms Convention
- Czech Top-Level Domain Records 1 Millionth Registered Domain Name
- AmCham Bosnia Anti-Piracy Campaign Targets High School Students
- Macedonian Customs Seize Counterfeit Apparel, Bags, Deodorants
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 1.2 M Worth of Counterfeits
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Counterfeit Sports and Luxury Goods, T-Shirts