Romanian Customs Seize EUR 1.2 M Worth of Counterfeits
In the period November 23 – December 6, the Romanian customs officials seized goods believed to be counterfeit worth over EUR 1.2 million (USD 1.6 million).
The seized goods include 1,500 wallets bearing the Gucci mark; 1,200 fine ceramics sets, 108 plastic toy cars, 120 plastic globes with batteries, 112 plastic rocket launch sets, 744 plastic figurines, 4,880 party whistles, 2,300 party hats, 110 plastic toy parts, 96 plastic toy guitar sets, 1,180 plastic iPhone toys, 2,300 paper plate sets and 60 plastic toy tanks bearing the Disney, The Smurfs, Angry Birds, Hello Kitty and Apple marks; footballs, pens, cardboard boxes and rubber balls bearing Adidas, FIFA, Winnie the Pooh, Beyblade Metal Fusion and EURO 2012 marks; 1,445 metal fork sets, 4,500 metal knives and 2,245 metal spoon sets bearing the Versace mark.
The seizures were made at the port of Constanta, eastern Romania. The goods originated in China and were intended for the Romanian market.
Prepared by: Simona Dragoi
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: Romanian Customs
Read more news on Romania or . Get our latest IP news or browse IP News Eastern Europe Archives.
December 2012 News
- Serbia Drafts New Law on Topographies of Semiconductor Products
- Microsoft Wins Rights to Windows.ru Domain
- Clothes Hangers Protected Under Design Patent in Ukraine
- New Official Fees for Eurasian Patents as of January 1, 2013
- Polish Trademarks Added to TMview
- Lithuania Approves Law on Ratification of Singapore Treaty
- Belarus Ratifies Law on Accession to Singapore Treaty
- Serbia Accedes to International Convention for the Protection of New Varieties of Plants
- Tajikistan Accedes to Phonograms Convention
- Czech Top-Level Domain Records 1 Millionth Registered Domain Name
- AmCham Bosnia Anti-Piracy Campaign Targets High School Students
- Macedonian Customs Seize Counterfeit Apparel, Bags, Deodorants
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 1.2 M Worth of Counterfeits
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Counterfeit Sports and Luxury Goods, T-Shirts