Macedonian Customs Seize Counterfeit Apparel, Bags, Deodorants
During regular controls at Macedonia’s border crossings in the period November 19 – December 16, the customs officials seized a considerable quantity of goods bearing well-known brand names, believed to be counterfeit.
In the week of November 19-25, the officials seized 359 toners and printer cartridges bearing the marks of HP, Samsung and Xerox, while during the week of November 26 – December 2, 124 women’s bags bearing the mark of Pierre Cardin were seized.
In the week December 3-9, the officials seized 1,407 T-shirts, jeans, shirts, sweat suits, blouses and sport socks, 240 belts and 3,000 rubber stickers for shoes bearing the marks of Levi’s, D&G, Tommy Hilfiger, Armani, Lacoste, Prada, Diesel, Gucci, Polo, Louis Vuitton, Burberry, Zara, Calvin Klein, Adidas and Nike; 1,424 jumpers, shirts, jeans, women’s shirts and blouses and 70 bags bearing the marks of Tommy Hilfiger, Armani, Massimo Dutti, Louis Vuitton, Zara Kids and Zara; 320 pairs of women and men’s shoes bearing the marks of Betty Flowers and Logan Boots; 20 women’s bags bearing the marks of Krizia and Tosca Blu; 65 pairs of sunglasses bearing the marks of Laura Biagiotti, Sover, Coconuda and Baldinini; 201 pieces of underwear and sweatpants bearing the marks of Adidas and Calvin Klein; and 50 toners bearing the mark of Canon NPG-51.
During the week of December 10-16, the customs officials seized 555 consoles bearing the mark of PlayStation 3; 4,224 deodorants bearing the marks of Aqua Geo and Amor Amor; 540 bottles of eaux de toilette bearing the marks of Aqua Geo and 1 Million; 733 dresses, skirts, pants, shirts, blouses, jumpers and jackets bearing the mark of Envy; 132 pairs of sweat suits and 12 sweatpants bearing the marks of Adidas and Puma; and eight pairs of eyeglass frames bearing the mark of Versace.
The goods, which were found in trucks with Macedonian, Turkish and Serbian license plates, originated in Turkey and China, and were intended for the Macedonian, Kosovo and Montenegro markets.
Prepared by: Aleksandra Pavlovic
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: Macedonian Customs
December 2012 News
- Serbia Drafts New Law on Topographies of Semiconductor Products
- Microsoft Wins Rights to Windows.ru Domain
- Clothes Hangers Protected Under Design Patent in Ukraine
- New Official Fees for Eurasian Patents as of January 1, 2013
- Polish Trademarks Added to TMview
- Lithuania Approves Law on Ratification of Singapore Treaty
- Belarus Ratifies Law on Accession to Singapore Treaty
- Serbia Accedes to International Convention for the Protection of New Varieties of Plants
- Tajikistan Accedes to Phonograms Convention
- Czech Top-Level Domain Records 1 Millionth Registered Domain Name
- AmCham Bosnia Anti-Piracy Campaign Targets High School Students
- Macedonian Customs Seize Counterfeit Apparel, Bags, Deodorants
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 1.2 M Worth of Counterfeits
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Counterfeit Sports and Luxury Goods, T-Shirts